The snow crab legs you buy from the supermarket have already been cooked, so all you need really is to have them reheated. But although reheating them is a rather simple process, you have to make sure that the crab flavor is retained and that the meat is perfectly tender. Here’s how you should prepare the crab legs.
- Boil water. Get one large pot and fill it with water. The water should measure two inches. Turn your burner to the highest setting and allow the water to boil.
- Put the crab legs. As soon as the water boils, carefully drop the crab legs into the pot. Add salt. Kosher salt and sea salt are ideal, but table salt will do. You can also add any seasoning that you want.
- Allow the water to boil. Wait for the water to boil again. This will take around six to eight minutes. The crab legs will turn red, indicating that the meat is ready and tender. Remove the pot from heat.
- Set aside the crab legs. Take the crab legs from the pot, and then put them on a plate lined with paper towel. Doing this will remove the remaining water from the crab legs. Wait for a few minutes until the crab legs are cool. Remember, however, to be careful when taking the crab legs out of the pot. They are extremely hot.
- Prepare the dip. You can do this by melting butter with crushed garlic cloves in the microwave oven. For a more flavorful dip, add lemon juice and pepper. You can also add any seasoning that suits your taste.
- Plate the crab legs and serve. Get a large plate for all the crab legs. Arrange them on the plate and put some garnishes. Transfer the dip into a small bowl and serve it with the crab legs. Make sure to use crackers to snap the crab legs open. Use forks if you can’t pluck the meat out.
Boiling is just another way of preparing crab legs. You can also have them steamed, grilled, baked, or cooked in the microwave oven. If you want to steam the crab legs, simply put the crab legs in a pot of boiled water. Leave the crab legs in the pot for six to eight minutes. Remove the crab legs from the water after and serve with butter. If you want to grill the crab legs, put them in sealed aluminum foil. Arrange them on the barbecue grill and cook them for eight to ten minutes. Baking, meanwhile, involves wrapping the crab legs in aluminum oil and putting them on a baking sheet. Make sure to put holes on the aluminum foil. Bake the crab legs in the oven preheated to 450° F. Take them out of the oven after 15 minutes and serve. And if you want to cook the crab legs in the microwave oven, wrap them in a damp paper towel. Put them in the microwave oven and cook them for five minutes in a defrost setting.