After an afternoon of playtime with your neighbors' kids, your child comes home smelling like he has not taken a bath since the middle ages. You shout, “bath time!” and your child quickly vanishes into thin air. You bring out the box filled with bath toys and takes out trusty Mr. Rubber Ducky, saying “You can bring Mr. Rubber Ducky with you if you like!” and he pops out of nowhere and readily comes with you to the bathroom.
Giving your kids a bath is really a hard work. Besides all the bribing with toys, you still have to coerce your child to participate willingly. Once you have successfully given him a bath, you have to face another daunting task, which is cleaning and sanitizing all the toys and the tub as well. You can actually kill as much as three birds with one stone. Here are a few tips and suggestions on how you can quickly sanitize your kid's bath toys and clean your bathtub at the same time.
- Before anything else, gather all the materials needed for cleaning your kid’s toys and your tub such as bleach to disinfect your tub, baking soda to whiten and remove odor, a sponge and a scrub. Bring some towel in case get yourself wet.
- After giving your child a bath, do not drain the bath water just yet as this could still be of use. Mix in half a cup of your favorite brand of bleach with the used water. Gather all your kid's bath toys and then put them in the bathtub. Let them soak in the mixture for a few minutes. Use this opportunity to do other tasks like tucking your kid to bed or take out the trash to save time.
- Take the toys out of the tub and bring them to the sink. Squeeze out the excess water from the toys. Set them aside for a while.
- Using the same bath water with bleach, add baking soda to your sponge and use it to scrub the tub. Make sure you get to scrub the whole tub well. You can add more baking soda as desired. This way you can whiten and disinfect your tub at the same time.
- Now you can pull the plug and finally drain the bath water. When the tub is empty, place all the toys inside. Turn on the faucet and rinse the tub together with the toys with the clean water.
- Pick up the toys and hang them to dry in place.
That is it! You have successfully cleaned your kid's bath toys and tub at the same time. Doing all these would not take much of your time. You can breezily do this in less than ten minutes. Bathtubs can easily acquire mold and mildew over time. This can pose a dangerous health threat for you and your family. To avoid any health complications, make it a habit to clean your bathtub and sanitize your kid's toys at least once a week.