There are pregnancy signs that are common and known universally. On the other hand, there are uncommon signs of pregnancy that could actually help you determine if you are pregnant or not. These signs are unusual since they seem to be unrelated to being pregnant at all. However, when pregnancy occurs, your hormones get crazy and these affect your body physically, and they may not be initially linked to pregnancy. If you wish to find out if you are pregnant, below are the early and uncommon signs you can watch out for.
- Check for implantation pain. Implantation pain is perhaps one of the earliest signs of pregnancy. It occurs as a sudden pain or cramping at the womb area. This happens when a fertilized embryo implants itself into the uterus. Implantation pain usually takes place a few days after the embryo has been fertilized.
- Taste your taste buds. There have been women who have reported that they have experienced a metallic taste in their mouth during the early weeks of pregnancy. Though no medical findings have been reported on the correlation of the taste to pregnancy, a lot of pregnant women have attested to this. It may be a case-to-case basis, but it is one of the possible signs of pregnancy.
- Check if you have yeast infection. If you suddenly develop yeast infection and find it hard to treat, you might be pregnant. The change in hormonal levels could lead to a development of yeast infection. So if you get this bothersome symptom, you might be pregnant.
- See if you have unusual hair growth. Because of the rapid hormonal changes, you might suddenly have some hair growth in places that didn't have hair before. This fine hair growth can be seen on your face, or even on your belly. Other women, on the other hand, have reported that their legs stop growing hair during their pregnancies.
- Observe if you have increased blood flow. Since pregnancy brings about higher levels of estrogen, there is the possibility that you will have increased blood flow. As such, you might develop spider veins on your legs. You may also have congested nasal passages, and you will probably have nosebleeds during the course of your pregnancy. Watch out for these signs, to determine if you are pregnant.
- Observe your discharge. Women who are not pregnant have a small amount of cervical discharge upon ovulation. Once an embryo, which has been fertilized, implants itself into the uterus, women usually get a creamy cervical discharge. If you notice that you have more discharge than normal, you are definitely a few days pregnant.
If you suspect that you are pregnant, it is best that you take the necessary pregnancy tests. However, if you are still in the very early stages of pregnancy, the urine tests might be inaccurate and you might get a false negative. If you really want to know if you are pregnant, you should get a blood pregnancy test, and an ultrasound. These are surefire ways to determine if you are pregnant since it does a more thorough evaluation and analysis of your hormonal levels.