An SD card is one of the most common portable devices that people use nowadays and it is often used in digital cameras, cellular phones, gaming consoles and more to save pictures, videos, and others. This was designed to extend or improve the memory of most gadgets. The size of an SD card is not too big, making it perfect to bring along anywhere and to put in many devices.
Unfortunately, one common problem that people have with this portable device is it could be corrupted. When this happens, it could cause your files to be corrupted or deleted, which will make it difficult for you to open or display the contents for the card.
If you have experienced or are currently experiencing this, you might think that your files are lost forever. But that isn’t always the case. There is something you could do to recover your files from a corrupted SD card.
One way of recovering your files is with the help of a memory card data recovery program.
- Download the program. There are many kinds of memory card data recovery programs available over the Internet for you to download. If you have a lot of files to recover then you can look for a demo program or a free program to use but if you have a lot of files to recover then it would be best to buy the program to recover all your files. You can try the Recuva memory card data recovery program.
- Open your SD card. Using the USB cord of your device will not work. You will need an external memory card reader or you could use the one in your computer if it already has one.
- Run the program. Once the SD card has been detected, run the data recovery program. If you’re using Recuva, you’ll see the “Welcome to Recuva Wizard”. Click on the “Next” button then click on pictures before clicking the “Next” button again. After that, select “On my media card” then click on the “Next” button again. You’ll see the words “Enable deep scan” then click the “Start” button.
- Choose the files you want to recover. After the scan is done, you can now select the files that you need to recover. Click on the files and once you’re done selecting the files, click on the “Recover” button. It will then ask you where you want to save your files. Make sure you save your files in a folder in your computer and not on your SD card.
- Reformat your SD card. Once you’re done recovering your files, you can now reformat your SD card. This will removed the corruption in the card, allowing you to use it again.
SD cards are very convenient especially for many different devices. It
gives your gadget more memory and space for you to put your files. And
since you know that the risk of the card getting corrupted is quite
high, the best thing to do is to always have a backup in your computer
or in some other external device and to know how to recover your files
from corrupted SD cards.