Each fine line on the face tells a story. There’s no arguing with that. But no matter how sentimental you can get when it comes to your fine lines, realistically you want them gone. There are easy ways to do that: Botox, face lift, and other beauty-enhancement technologies. Easy, yes; but cheap, no. But here’s the good news, you don’t necessarily have to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars to remove or even reduce those fine lines. With the following tips, you can be young-looking without having to bore a hole through your pocket.
- Improve your water intake. We know what water does to the body. It flashes toxins away and helps improve bodily functions. It also greatly benefits your skin, as it hydrates your skin and therefore prevents dryness. Make sure to drink ten glasses of water, no matter how much you drink other forms of liquid.
- Protect your skin from the sun. UV rays are very damaging to the skin. In fact, they cause premature skin aging, one sign of which is having fine lines. To prevent this, you need to apply sunblock to your skin on a daily basis. Best to use is a product that has SPF 30. Apply it 30 minutes before going out and reapply after every two hours. Remember to use sunblock even when it’s cold and cloudy, as the clouds cannot block UV rays. Also, don’t forget to use sunglasses and wide-brimmed hat for further sun protection.
- Have a healthy diet. Your diet can affect your skin in a major way. So make sure to eat healthy and ditch junk and oily foods. Take lots of vegetables and fruits, specifically those that are rich in Vitamins E and A. Vitamin E can slow down skin aging, while Vitamin A aids in skin regeneration.
- Use moisturizer. You need to use a moisturizer with alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA), since AHA is proven to prevent fine lines. What’s nice is that most moisturizing products have AHA. In fact, your current moisturizer may even have this component. But if it doesn’t, you can easily find a moisturizer with AHA in many skin care shops.
- Try natural products. There are several natural products that are effective in reducing fine lines. Honey is one good example. You can use it on its own or mix it with other natural ingredients. Apple is also another effective natural product, as it is rich in AHA. Apple can be used with several other ingredients like milk, yogurt, and honey. You can also try to use blueberries. They have antioxidant properties and can therefore prevent skin aging.
- Exercise regularly. Physical inactivity can also cause premature aging. So try to have a physical exercise for at least half an hour everyday. Aside from this, try to also have facial exercises to flex your facial muscles. You can, for example, massage your cheeks.
And finally, be always happy. Ever wonder why worriers look older than their age? It’s because stress, worries, and anxieties are all toxic to the body and result in premature skin aging, among other things. So relax. Try to be positive even when things look otherwise. In the end, it’s not only your skin that will benefit. It’s for your overall well-being.