Having the appearance of flawless skin can make you look younger and more beautiful. However, many people with oily skin also have large pores. Large pores can look unsightly. The good news is that there are things you can do to reduce the size of the pores on your face so it seems like you have clear, flawless skin.
- Follow a good skin care routine. Whatever skin type you have, it’s important that you keep it clean always. Wash your face with a mild cleanser twice a day. If you have oily skin, avoid the temptation of pricking your face all the time. Use a toner after you wash your face if needed and apply an oil free moisturizer. A good skin care routine will help keep you skin clean and maintain the balance of your skin, thereby reduce the chances of swelling and enlarged pores.
- Get regular facials. Indulge in a monthly or weekly facial. A facial will exfoliate your skin, clean up blackheads and whiteheads and help reduce the size of your pores. With the proper application of the right products, you can have nice looking skin that looks fresh and poreless.
- Use the right products for your skin type. If you have oily skin, then you need to use products formulated for your specific skin type. Using mild and hypoallergenic products on your skin will keep your pores minimized because the oils on your skin won’t have to work overtime to keep your skin moisturized. Also, the right products will help reduce inflammation, making your pores seems smaller or even almost invisible.
- Use Retin A. Retin A not only exfoliates the skin, it helps bring out new skin cells which are younger looking, healthier, more plump and appear poreless. Read the ingredients of your product labels.
- Drink a lot of water. Staying hydrated is a good way to reduce the size of your pores. When you aren’t getting enough water, it will show on your face and hair. If you are properly hydrated, your skin will appear more translucent, supple, plump and healthier. This way, your pores will seem to vanish.
- Use a mask. Use a tightening mask on your face if you want instant results. Try using Queen Helene Clay Mask to help reduce the size of your pores and help tighten your skin. Leave it on your face for fifteen minutes and rinse with warm water. Do a final rinse with cold water to help tighten the pores.
- Place a cold towel. Although you cant’ actually open or close your pores, you can give the appearance of smaller looking pores by placing a cold towel over your face. Leave it on for a few minutes. Your skin will feel tighter and you’ll feel more refreshed. An alternative is to rinse with cold water after you wash your face.
Since there’s no plastic surgery to reduce the size of the pores on the
face, the next best thing you can do is to take care of the skin you
have now. Use the right products and be vigilant about keeping your skin
clear always. Avoid rubbing and scrubbing your face too much since it
may only aggravate your skin condition rather than providing a solution.
Follow these suggested tips and you’ll notice a difference in your pore
size in no time!