Of all stains, blood stains can be the most challenging to remove in fabrics and clothes. This is especially true if the blood stain has already dried and has set in the fabric. If you encounter this kind of stain when you are doing the laundry, you do not have to worry that much. There are some things you can do to help you effectively and successfully get rid of dried blood stains. Check out this guide:
- Prepare the solution for removing the dried blood stains. For this task, you need to prepare a large bowl. Pour in a half a scoop of Oxiclean Versatile and one and a half cup of water. Stir all the contents in the bowl very well using a spoon until such time that the Oxiclean Versatile is completely dissolved.
- Transfer the solution to a squirt bottle. Pour in the dissolved solution to a squirt or spray bottle. Once the solution is in the bottle, refrain from shaking it as the solution can easily foam and mess the liquid.
- Spray the solution to the stained area of the clothing or fabric. As you spray it to the dried blood stain, you will notice that the stain will easily turn white. Take note not to use this solution to Khaki clothes and also to fabrics that require dry cleaning only. Make sure to check the special care instructions on the fabric first prior to spraying it with a solution to ensure that you will not ruin anything all throughout the process.
- Rub the stained spot using a clean rag. It is best to use a white rag for this purpose but any other rag will do for this purpose. This is a rag that you are free to let go because it will be used in cleaning up the blood stain.
- Repeat the process until the stain is gone. Spray the spot again with the solution and go on rubbing it off with the rag. You do not need to make the fabric or cloth to be spotless when doing this. You have to do this until the stain is almost gone.
- Throw the fabric or clothing in the washing machine. Throw in the fabric into the machine and wash it as you will do in normal situations. You will be surprised that after you get the fabric off the machine, the fabric or clothing is already as good as new.
- Remove the stains in a different way. You can also get rid of dried blood stains by soaking it to warm water with enzymatic cleaner. This will help in loosening the blood stain in the fabric. Do the soaking for at least an hour. Once you see that the stain is already going dull, begin laundering it with warm or cold water.
Usual accidents can happen anytime that will leave dried blood stains in clothes and other fabrics. However, from now on, you can regard this stain as an ordinary stain already. With the effective tips mentioned above, you could call yourself an expert in combating blood stains no matter how dry and how long they have been in the fabric.