When you park your car outside, you can expect to see a lot of stains on the exterior. These stains can come from tree sap, bird droppings, mud, soil and other types of materials. There is a proper way to remove these stains so that you can restore the cleanliness of your car. Find out how to remove stubborn stains from your car’s exterior with the simple steps that are provided below.
- Materials that you need. The materials that you need are a squeegee, microfiber cloth, a bucket of water, sponge, car soap, car polish and car wax.
- Rinse the car. It will be easier for you to clean if you have a hose. Hose down the car to eliminate the dust and to soften the stains on your car.
- Wash the car. Place a few drops of the car soap on the areas where there are stains. Work on the stains with sponge using a circular motion. Make sure that the sponge you use is non-abrasive so that you do not scratch the surface of your car. Scrub off the stains until they are gone. If the stains have been on the car for a few days or weeks, it might be more difficult for you to remove since they have hardened. Pour more of the car soap on the stains and allow them to set for a while before scrubbing off.
- Rinse the car. After you have removed the stains, rinse off the car and make sure that there is not soap left. The soap residue can leave white marks on your car.
- Dry the car. Dry the exterior of your car using microfiber cloth. You must wipe it dry so that there will be no water bead marks left on the exterior. The microfiber cloth is the best material to use so that there will be no fiber left on the glass of your car.
- Polish and wax. The next step is to polish and wax your car. This will give your car a nice shine so that it will look as good as new. Get a soft cloth and add the polish on it. Start polishing the car with the cloth using a circular motion. Leave the polish for about 10 minutes on the car before wiping it off with a clean cloth. The last step is to wax the car. Waxing is similar to polishing. Add wax to a cloth and wax the car using a circular motion. The wax will leave your car looking shiny.
These are the steps that you can follow to remove stubborn stains from your car’s exterior. It will be easier to remove the stains if they are still fresh. For a quick fix, use a squeegee to remove the stains from your car and keep it clean. It is advisable to bring your car to the auto shop for a full car wash to eliminate all the dirt and grime on the surface and underneath the wheels of your car. Do this at least once every 6 months for best results.