The GPS device has become quite popular among city drivers and for some, having a GPS system in their car has become a necessity. And among the most popular GPS devices, the Garmin Nuvi 350 is one of the best selling GPS devices in the market today.
The Garmin Nuvi 350 offers the best features that many people could look for in a GPS device. It is a device that could easily fit your pocket and is very easy to use. The features of this GPS device are quite functional and its battery could last for at least a thousand cycles.
One problem you may encounter with the Garmin Nuvi though is changing its battery. Unlike other devices where you simply have to pop open the battery cover and changed the batteries, changing the Garmin Nuvi battery takes a longer process than that.
- Unscrew your Garmin Nuvi 350’s back bottom. Flip your Nuvi 350 over and on the bottom part of the device you would see to small screws. Use a T5 screwdriver to remove the screws as they are the only ones that are holding the whole casing together.
- Open the case using a small plastic lever. After you have unscrewed the two small screws, put the small plastic lever in between the small gap of the whole housing. Carefully pry it open by going around the case using the lever. Once you hear clicks or pops, it means that the case has become loose. Place the GPS device on a flat surface and slowly remove the case. Make sure that your battery stays in place while you remove the case.
- Disconnect the wires. Once you have removed the case, look for the battery. You’ll see that there are some wires connected to it. Remove the blue and black wires first and then remove the green, black and red wires. Make sure you remember how the wires were connected as you will need to replace the wires after changing the battery.
- Change the battery. The Garmin Nuvi 350 uses a small and rectangular Li-on Polymer 1250mAH battery. You can buy these kinds of batteries in any local electronic stores. Reconnect the wires that you removed earlier, starting with the red, green and black wires then the black and blue wires. The wires will only fit one way so if it does not fit then it does not belong there.
- Close the casing. After you have correctly placed the wires, put back the casing by snapping it into place. After you have heard the clicks or pops, you can now screw back the two small screws to secure the case in place.
The Garmin Nuvi 350 should be handled with care. If you are not sure about replacing the battery yourself, you could always bring it to their tech support and let them do it. The only downside is it may cost you a few dollars especially if you’re not under their warranty anymore. But if you have the tools and the skills to do it then you could change the battery yourself by following these simple instructions.