Sooner or later, one loses the “spark” with the partner she is dating. Eventually, someone else fills up the void that the other does not. If you wish to date the other person, respectfully break up with your partner. If you wish to stay with your partner, it is important to know how to resist others.
Follow the guide below to resist attraction to someone when dating another.
- Remember what you liked about your partner. Try listing down the positive traits of your partner. This will help you remember the things you liked about him. Reminisce about the events that made you feel excited. This will help you remember the feeling you felt about your partner. It will also help you remember why you love him in the first place. Look at old pictures of the two of you. This will help rekindle the spark.
- Go out. Continue to go out with your partner. This will constantly make you remember why you chose him rather than someone else. Go to a place that is meaningful to both of you, such as the place where you had your first date. Rekindle memories by doing things that mean a lot to both of you.
- Communicate. Remember to always talk to your partner. It is important to let him know what you are feeling. Telling him about your feelings of attraction towards another person will not only inform him about your thoughts but will also make him fight for you. If he is serious about continuing what you have, he won’t back down without a fight. This will also help you remember why you love the person you’re with.
- Avoid flirting and situations that will bring in close proximity with the other guy. If you feel like a person is already flirting with you, move away. Do not entertain another guy when you are already dating someone else. Talking to the other person will only give him hope. Turn him down by explaining your relationship with your existing boyfriend. Avoid talking to a guy who you know has a secret attraction for you. You will most probably entertain him because you know that he likes you. Avoid a guy who you find yourself attracted to. More often than not, you will flirt with the person you like. You can also avoid flirting with others by avoiding going to clubs or bars. These places are packed with people who are dying to meet other people. If you wish to go to these places, bring your partner along. See how he reacts in these environments.
- If another person asks you out on a date, turn him down politely. Explain your situation. If you just turn him down without an explanation, you will probably lose the friendship. Let the person know that you are already committed to someone else. Try to recognize body language. Sometimes, you may not be able to tell if another person is flirting. Watch how he talks to you. If he is constantly touching you, laughing at your jokes and moving closer to you, chances are he is already flirting and you need to stay away.
If you really can’t resist the attraction and would like to pursue a new
relationship, break it off cleanly with your man and move on.