It’s the hot summer months again and everyone’s headed for the beach. Women will flaunt their stick thin bodies in skimpy swimwear. You want to do the same, but you have a little bit of a dilemma: you’re plus sized. Finding the perfect swimsuit for plus-sized women like you can be a daunting task. You have to find something that will hide what should be hidden and flaunt what should be flaunted. Fortunately, there are swimwear brands that cater to such women. Swimsuits are no longer for small and petite ladies anymore. Everybody can flaunt his or her body in the sun during the summer months. Read on to learn more about how to rock a plus size bikini.
- Avoid too much print. A busy design will make you look bigger. If you want your bikini to sport a print, make sure that it’s only minimal and will not focus the attention on your torso. Choose a bikini with a simple design and print that flatters.
- Stay on the dark side. They say that black is the most slimming color. Beautiful swimsuits also come in dark, plain colors. Bikinis in black, red, deep purple and blue will make you look thinner. Solid colors draw attention away from the “problem areas”.
- Choose a one-piece suit. One-piece suits look better on bigger women. It also hides your torso, which is the common problem of plus-sized women. Some women have flabs, and one-piece suits hide them. Choose one that has a higher cut to make your thighs and hips look longer and leaner.
- Wear support. For bikini tops, underwire is a must for full-chested women. Since you are a plus size, you most probably have fuller breasts and cleavage. To avoid sagging, make sure that the bikini top you have has full support under the breasts. Do not wear those triangles pieces because they will not flatter your boobs. Maximum support is key.
- Accessorize. Accessories draw attention, so if you do not want to draw attention to your chest, do not wear a bulky necklace. Instead, wear dangling earrings to make your neck look longer. Wear a hat, sunglasses and other accessories that look good on you.
- Choose something that fits. Forcing yourself to fit into a size 10 if you really are a size 13 will not do any good on your body. It will be too tight and your body will bulge out of the swimsuit. You can’t suck your tummy in the whole time. In shopping for your bikini, make sure that they fit perfectly on you.
Whatever shape and style of bikini you use, make sure that it flatters
your body in all the right places. Do not force yourself to wear
something that does not fit and look good on you. You will end up
looking bigger than you already are and it will not show off your body’s
good qualities. If you can’t wear a two-piece bikini, be content in a
pretty one-piece. Take note: less is not always more. To rock any kind
of bikini, go to the gym and tone your body for a more stunning bikini