Whether it is a twine, leather, or a rope, you can always do a round braid no matter how many strands you have as long as it has an even number and the material you are using is quite flexible. This is quite useful for people who love doing crafts and other projects that may make use of strings that contain art and twists. If you know how to braid your hair, then it would be, no doubt, very easy for you to braid leather. Once done, you will be able to do the same procedure with more materials. It is actually quite enjoyable, even for kids. Follow the instructions and you'll be able to do your round braid in no time.
- Arrange your strands. Make sure that your strands can be divided into two. Arrange them by putting twine so that they will hold together.
- Start braiding. In every braid step that you make, you always begin braiding with the outer strand. Begin with the outer strand from your left the follow with the outer strand from your right. The outermost strand you are taking should moved going under the rest of the strands and further taken over the strand at the innermost position of the opposite portion. Now, the strand originally located at the outermost portion will become your innermost strand
- Repeat procedure on right side. Get the outer strand on the right side and move it beneath the rest of the strands and move it further over the inner strand on the left side and bring it back to your right.
- Do it again on the left. Take the outermost strand and move it going under the rest of the strands and further taken over the strand at the innermost position of the opposite portion.
- Repeat again procedure on right side. Get the outer strand on the right side and move it beneath the rest of the strands and move it further over the inner strand on the left side and bring it back to your right. This finishes the whole procedure for two sets of braids. All you have to do is repeat the said steps until you reach the length that you want. You can also choose to use up your entire strands. If you want 6 to 8 strand of braid, the steps are quite similar. Instead of taking the outer strand over the opposite side's innermost strand, take it over the two innermost strands.
If you need to stop, you just need to find something that will hold the strands together and keep them from loosening and breaking away from each other. You may use big paper clips. Just make sure that it will keep the strands still. If the strands break away, it can be quite confusing for you to start where it broke off. Also, you may combine strands. Just consider them as one strand and go on with your braiding. Make sure that they are flat so that you will have an easier time.