Chicken wings are one of the classic home favorites. One of the reasons whys chicken wings has become so popular is because they can be cooked in a wide variety of ways, and they are very easy to prepare. Best of all, they come from one of the tastiest parts of the chicken – the wings. There are various ways to cook and season chicken wings, but here is a classic way to prepare them.
- Wash and clean. Start by taking the chicken wings, around two pounds, and then cleaning them in warm water. Some people simply rinse the chicken wings in water and begin seasoning them. But if you want to have truly delicious chicken wings that have crisp and flavorful skin, you will need to take some salt and use it to rub the skin on the chicken wings. Doing this will help you remove the excess dirt that has been stuck in the pores of the chicken wings. Remember, chicken wings have very large pores where plenty of dirt can enter. This is why rubbing the chicken wings with salt is important. After rubbing, rinse again in warm water.
- House seasoning. Now, you will need to cover the chicken in basic house seasoning. The most basic house seasoning is made from equal parts salt, pepper, and garlic powder. You can prepare a large batch of house seasoning and use it not just for chicken wings, but also for steaks and other dishes. After preparing the house seasoning, place the chicken wings in a large, clean bowl.
- Prepare the marinade. Now, you will need to create the marinade. There are various marinades that you can use for your chicken wings. If you want teriyaki style chicken wings, all you need is to combine some oil, some hot sauce, and some teriyaki sauce. Add some spices, such as pepper, salt, and garlic powder. If you want sweet and sour chicken wings, however, you can combine some honey with some barbecue sauce. If you want Hawaiian style chicken wings, you need to get some soy sauce and pineapple juice to combine with your barbecue sauce. Apart from these basic recipes, you can also try out other recipes for chicken wings.
- Cooking. After you have finished preparing the marinade, you can proceed to cooking the chicken wings. Generally, chicken wings can be grilled, deep fried, or baked. Baking is usually done at around 350 degrees, for around 45 minutes to an hour. If you are frying the chicken wings, you need to fry them in low heat for around ten minutes.
- Sauce. Finally, make some sauce that you can dip your chicken wings into. The basic chicken wings sauce is made from barbecue sauce, soy sauce, a little bit of vinegar, and some sugar. You can, of course, many variations to this basic dip. You can add spices, and you can add cream if you want a richer and thicker sauce.
With these steps, you should be able to season and prepare your chicken wings, whichever way you like.