During the Victorian era, people were very eager to decorate with refinement and nobility. Fashion should never go wrong during those years when Queen Victoria was still the ruler of England. Up to this time and age, there are still homes that are inspired by the perception of fashion of the Victorian era. Not only does this style give the impression of how high the living standards of the homeowners are, it also showcases the unparalleled style of early communities.
In essence, a Victorian style home is decorated with accessories and furniture that reflects the rich passion for the arts. If you belong to the growing population of homeowners who want to incorporate Victorian style on the way their houses are decorated, it is ideal that you know how to select accessories for your Victorian style home.
- Light up rooms with traditional lamps. You can either go for the real traditional lamps or the modern lamps that have touches of being vintage and nostalgic. A good example of a traditional lamp looks like candlesticks. If you do not like the use of real candlesticks, especially if you do not want to put your home at the risk of catching fire, you can settle on modern lamps that resemble candlesticks and use electricity instead. Light up your bedrooms with ginger jars and other traditional lamps to experience a soothing atmosphere.
- Hang pictures and mirrors. Do not be afraid to experiment how ancestral pictures and mirrors that are framed with ornament can be hung. The older the portraits and photos, the better the living room and the bed room will appear.
- Add embroidered pillows. You can bring the most out of the appeal of every room in the house by adding embroidered pillows. More elements may also be present on your pillows. Try cords, fringes, and laces to enhance the fullest effect of the Victorian style. You can also add richly decorative fabrics such as brocades.
- Integrate wooden tables and shelves. To give room more accessories, you can assign specific wooden tables and shelves as the receptacle for other collectibles and accessories. There are different styles of tables and shelves that can fit on your taste while maintaining the feel of your Victorian style home.
- Display collectibles and antique items. When looking for collectibles and antique items, do not hesitate to explore a wide variety of items that you can incorporate to your Victorian style home. From grandfather clocks and old pianos to figures and old dolls, there are so many choices that you can go for.
Selecting accessories for your Victorian style home may require a good amount of money to be handed out. But then again, it does not mean that the only way to bring the luxury of the Victorian style into your home is to buy expensive accessories. Consider going to flea markets and thrift shops in order to look for quality accessories in incredibly low prices. As long as you design your Victorian style home based on your taste and needs, not to mention with confidence, there is nothing to worry about its appearance and overall quality.