If you live in a house with a wide yard that extends to the woods, it is advisable to put up a dog fence to avoid your pet from getting lost in the woods. Dog fences come in different kinds. They can be made from wire, wood, steel, and there are dog fences that are wireless and have electricity on them. Dog fences can also be put up to keep your neighbors’ dogs and other pets away. If you or your kids are allergic to furry animals, putting up a dog fence to prevent stray dogs from entering your yard is a good idea. Before setting up a dog fence in your back yard, you have to consider several factors. This article will give you tips on how to select the best dog fence for your pet. Read on.
- Measure the height of your dog. The fence should be at least a meter taller than your pet so it cannot jump from the fence and run away.
- Decide on the material that you will be using. Wood is the best choice for a dog fence. Using an invisible fence with electricity is not a very humane way to keep your dog in. Even if the voltage is not too high, it can traumatize your pet. It can even injure your mutt. A chain link fence is also a good idea.
- The fence should be easy to clean. You have to clean the fence every once in a while. It should not be hard to scrub to remove any dirt. Cleaning your dog fence regularly will also make your house look neat and clean.
- It should not break and get damaged easily. Choose a fence that is durable, and can withstand the changes in weather condition. Your dog will also try to get over the fence, so it should not break easily with force.
- The fence should serve its purpose. The main purpose of putting up a dog fence is to keep your pet inside your yard. Installing one can be expensive, so before purchasing a dog fence for your pet, evaluate its capabilities and features. You do not want to take down your fence because it does not meet your expectations. Make sure that you choose the best and most durable of all the choices that you have. You will spend more if you choose the wrong one for your dog. The fence that you will choose should not only be functional and long lasting, but will give you your money’s worth as well.
You are now ready to build a fence for your dog, or to keep other dogs
away. Keep in mind when putting up a fence to ensure the safety of your
dog. If the fence is made of wood, make sure that there are no broken
wood and splinters to prevent your pet from getting hurt. Maintain the
fence so that it will last for a long time. A well-maintained fence will
save you money from replacing it every now and then because of neglect.