Selling gold is getting more and more popularity in a lot of people all over the globe. The state of Ohio is not at all an exemption. The state is home to a lot of gold dealers and the best deals when it comes to gold prices. If you intend to sell gold jewelry, Ohio is the perfect place you can ever pick. Here is a guide in selling gold jewelry for Ohio residents:
- Analyze the gold jewelry you intend to sell. Take note that in Ohio, you can sell just any kind of gold jewelry. In fact, even if your piece is damaged or broken already, dealers will still accept it. Hence, prior to contacting gold dealers, analyze your jewelry first. Check not only its weight and gold content but also its overall condition. This way, you can at least have a rough estimate in your mind as to how much your jewelry can be priced in the market.
- Try selling the jewelry to Broken Gold. You probably have heard of this company from its television advertisements already. This company provides one of the most convenient processes when it comes to selling gold jewelry. To get started with the selling process, go to Broken Gold's website at broken gold. Register to the website and arrange for a kit to be sent to you. Once you have the kit, send the gold jewelry to Broken Gold and wait for a check to be sent to you as a payment.
- Consider selling the jewelry to pawnshops near you. This is only a good option if you have a jewelry piece that is not damaged or broken. You can shop around different pawn shops and find the one that will offer you the best rate for your jewelry. Most of the time, pawn shops price the jewelry depending on the quality and size of the piece.
- Consider selling the jewelry to goldsmiths. Ohio is home to a lot of goldsmiths. What is good about selling jewelry to goldsmiths is that they pay you in accordance to the jewelry's weight and not on style or design. This is true because goldsmiths just give value to gold because they make a new creation out of melted gold. You can consider companies including Cleveland's Coin and Jewelry Buyers, Cincinnati's Original American Trading Company, and Health's Sony's Gold and Silver Exchange.
- Consider selling jewelry to local jewelry stores. Find local jewelry shops in your area and decide to call or visit them personally. You will find good deals out of stores like this because they price items not only based on the gold's weight but also on the setting, style, and age of the items. This selling option is especially perfect if you are trying to sell older jewelry items.
- Try online selling sites such as eBay. If you're not that satisfied about how much you can get out of local shops, you can consider putting your jewelry in auction. This will give you more chances of getting a better deal for your jewelry items.
There are a lot of options for you when you wish to sell gold jewelry in Ohio. However, no matter what your choice is, make sure you are wise all throughout the process. This is the only way you can get the best deal out of your gold jewelry items.