Craigslist is a site famous for its different kinds of advertisements ranging from jobs, events, gigs, and items for sale. With Craigslist, you can sell just about anything such as tickets. Whether it is a concert, game, or movie ticket, you can advertise it and sell it on Craigslist. There are a lot of people who check Craigslist looking for tickets, so it’s a good site to use. It’s like a huge classified ads section, so you have to make your ticket ad interesting in order to sell.
- Set up an account. You don’t need an actual account on Craigslist in order to sell anything on it. All you need is an email address and an account to receive payments. What you have to do is choose the “Post to Classifieds” option and select the “For Sale” category. Choose “Tickets” and suggest a new one and provide necessary information such as ticket price and what event is it for.
- Organize your tickets. Group your tickets according to a certain category like movies, sports, plays, and concerts. Organizing them provides less time in taking pictures for your ads and keeps them in proper condition. This also helps you to look for them easier when you need them.
- Create interesting ads. A simple yet interesting ad is what makes an item sellable in Craigslist. Take clear pictures of the tickets you’re selling to prove you’re a legitimate seller. Items without pictures tend to sell less than those with photos. Try to come up with an appropriate title for your tickets that is easily searchable for potential buyers. Use adjectives that are appealing but realistic.
- Price the tickets accordingly. You need to put a proper price for the tickets for them to sell. Put yourself in the shoes of potential customers and see how you would like to price the tickets. High priced tickets for a common event will not be sold unless the buyer really wants it. Browse the Craigslist website for similar tickets and see how they are priced. This will give you a general idea on how to properly price the tickets. Since what you’re doing is practically buy and sell, expect buyers to negotiate for a lower price so set the price in way that it’ll be enough to still get profit. Be firm on the lowest price you can give.
- Post your ads. Once you have the list of tickets, organized them and have properly priced them, go to the Craigslist website and choose a listing based on your place of residence. Do not give your whole address. Just the city or town will do. Choose the “post to classifieds” option right on the homepage and select the proper category for your tickets.
After posting your ad, allow some time for people to check it. If you
don’t get to make a sale within a week or more, try posting your ad
again to let it near or top the listings. Also, be very cautious and
smart when doing meet-ups. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
Now that you know how to sell tickets on Craigslist, try a hands-on and make profit.