If ATT Wireless provides you with your wireless services, then you should know that you can actually use email to send text messages for free. This is a great function that you can utilize if you need to send a message that someone needs to read quickly. You can naturally send the message via email, but most people check their mobile phone’s inbox more often than they do their email inboxes, which is why sending text messages is usually more efficient if you need to send quick and urgent messages. Here’s how.
- Log in. Start by logging on to your account. You need to open your web browser in order to do this, and then go to the ATT Wireless email website. Once you are in the website, you will need to type in your username and your password, so that you will be able to access the email messaging functions of ATT Wireless. Once you have logged in, you need to click on the Compose New Email Message button, just as if you were composing a regular email.
- Recipient. Next, you will need to type in the ten digit number of the person to whom you are sending the text message. Keep in mind, however, that you need to type in the area code as well. However, you need to make sure that you only type in the digits. If there are dashes, these need to be removed. After you have typed in the ten digit number, the next step is to add in “@txt.att.net”. There should be no spaces after this text, and you need to make sure that you type it. Otherwise, your text message will not be sent for free.
- Character limits. Now, you can start typing your text message in the email fields. You can actually write the entire text message in the subject field, or you can use the normal field where the message for emails are usually typed in. keep in mind, however, that there are character limits when you use the free text message sending services by ATT Wireless. You will only be able to send up to 160 characters. If you compose a message that is longer than 160 characters, the other characters that exceed the limit will no longer be sent. In other words, you need to make sure that you keep very short and concise messages when using the free text services from ATT Wireless.
- Send. Now that you have finished composing your message, you simply need to click on the Send button. Once you have sent it, a confirmation will appear on screen telling you that the message has been successfully sent.
- Text language. Because you can only send up to 160 characters when using free text messaging services, you should consider using text language as a way to shorten your message and get more into the text message.
With these steps in mind, you should be able to easily create and send
text messages for free, using your ATT Wireless email account.