A light timer is a device that is used to control lights at scheduled times. Though light timers are considered to be very useful, some people have difficulty figuring out how to operate it. If you find this task to be more of a challenge than a breeze, do not fret or despair for you are definitely not alone. This article will not only provide you the means to fix your device but will also fill you in with all you need to know about setting them. So sit back, relax and just keep reading on and you’ll soon see that there is nothing to it!
There are different kinds of light timers, which serve a variety of purposes, but they all work practically the same way. If you specifically own a light timer with the dial style, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to help you set up your light timer. It doesn’t matter what reason you use it for; the instructions below will show you that your light timer is convenient and easy to use.
- Place your light timer in the socket. Once plugged in, this will allow you to check if the bulb can turn on and is not malfunctioning.
- Change the setting of your light timer by turning the switch to “auto”. This is the only way you can enable the light to follow the cycle of turning on and off at the times you set on the timer.
- Next, you will have to locate and find the pointer on your light timer. This should not take too long as the pointer can be easily detected on the timer’s surface. Once you have detected this, simply set your light timer to the current time.
- If you wish to specify the time you want the light to turn on, press down on the tabs. The automatic censor of the light timer will make this possible. You can locate the tabs around the surface and dial of the light timer. The tab can also be utilized and customized to your own liking if you wish to specify a particular time for the light to turn off.
- Before finishing the set-up of your light timer, it is recommended that you test it. You can do so by turning the dial after you are done. This way, you can make sure the light turns on and turns off at the right times. After testing the timer and the light itself, don’t forget to set the current time by modifying the pointer, as mentioned in step 3.
Congratulations! You have now successfully been able to set a light timer. For sure, your light timer should be working fine after following these instructions but if you find that your device still isn’t working despite a number of repeated attempts, first make sure that the light turns on. You might also want to read the directions properly just in case you missed a step or two. If success is still not within your reach, you will need to replace it and follow the guide all over again.