There’s something to be said about a Google mail business account. It’s effective, safe, easy-to-use, accessible, loaded with features, stores up to 25GB, and it’s free! If you feel like migrating to a new mail account from your existing one, you can set up a mail account with Google right now. It’s officially called Gmail.
- Proceed to the Google website. Once you’re on the page, click on the Gmail icon on top of the page. From there you will be taken to the sign-in page.
- Create your account. Once you begin the process for creating an account, you will be asked to provide the following:
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Account Name/Login Name: This will be appended by @gmail.com.
- 8-character Password: You will be asked to enter this password twice.
- Security Question: You will be asked to choose from a set of questions that you will see from a drop-down menu.
- Your Answer: You will provide the answer to the security question you have chosen.
- Current Email Account: This is an optional entry. However, it is preferred that you provide an email from which Gmail can send an automated confirmation email about your recently created Gmail account.
- Location: This is the country where you are residing. You need to be a citizen of the said country.
- Proof of Authenticity: To prove that you are a real person typing in front of a computer keyboard and not SPAM, you will be asked to type in an alphanumeric combination that you see above an empty box. Use the box to type in the combination that you see.
- Accept the terms and conditions of the service. Once you have read through it, you need to tick off the box that reads “I Agree.” You will not be able to proceed to the next step without ticking off the appropriate box as stated. Then you need to click on “Finish” to complete this section.
- Wait for the confirmation email. You will receive this through the email account you had provided when you created an account.
- Click on the link that you see in the message. You will read the customary and standard welcome message sent to new users of Gmail. This is an automated message so there would be no need for you to reply. Instead, scroll down to the bottom of the page. You’ll see a link that you need to click to take you on a tour of all the features at your disposal courtesy of Gmail.
- Take the tour. You will be given a tour of how you can make full use of Gmail including chat, video, saving folders, deleting messages, and storage capabilities.
- Import all your contacts. In Gmail, you don’t have to manually enter the email addresses of your contacts. That will take forever! Instead, you can use the Gmail’s feature about importing your email addresses from another account. No hassle at all!
Don’t be the last to take full advantage of this free service from Google. Where else can you get this kind of service for free? Create your free account and join the millions who enjoy using Gmail!