Good quality shoes are an investment. After all, these shoes will carry you throughout the day. It can help make or break an outfit. However, getting good quality shoes doesn’t mean you need to spend a lot of money. If you take your time, you can shop for quality shoes on a budget.
Here’s what you need to do.
- Determine your size. When you go shoe shopping, it’s important that you know your actual shoe size. Keep in mind that shoe sizes change over time, especially if you have gained or lost weight or if you’ve gone through pregnancy. If you’re not sure, have the store assistant measure your feet. You may not realize it but you may be off by half a size to a whole size. The most important thing when buying shoes is to get the right shoe size for the best fit. If you don’t wear the right size, the shoes won’t feel good, no matter how well made it is.
- Assess what kind of shoe you need to buy. Why do you need to buy shoes? Do you have a specific dress or occasion that you need to buy a pair of shoes for? Is the season changing so you now need to buy some boots? You basic shoe wardrobe should contain a good flat heeled shoe, a goof dress or formal shoe with heel, a pair of boots and a pair of sneakers. All other shoes are for fun.
- Shop on sale. One of the best ways to get a great price on a great pair of shoes is to buy when things are on sale. Take advantage of holiday sales so you can get up to half off a great pair of shoes. Check the clearance aisle.
- Utilize coupons and in store promos. If you apply for a store card, you will get an additional ten percent discount off your entire purchase. If you already have a store card, you may be eligible for additional discounts. Check the newspaper or go online for store coupons that you can use to further reduce the price of the shoes you want.
- Check out discount retailers. You can find branded designer shoes at discount retailers such as Ross, Marshall’s, TJ MAxx, Nordstrom Rack and Off 5th Avenue. You can also check the designer stores at outlet stores. This is another great way to get great quality shoes at a discount. If you really want to find great deals, check the sale or clearance aisle. Not only will you get it at a lower rate than if you bought it at a regular department store, you can further avail of additional discounts if the item is on sale. You can also try shoe shopping online and known discount shoe retailers.
Do your research and find a brand that you like. You’ll notice that some
shoe brands will fit and feel better on your feet. Befriend the store
personnel so you can be in the store mail list. This is another way you
can get notices on new arrivals, as well as get additional sales and
discounts for frequent shoppers.
You can shop for good quality shoes on a budget, if you know what to do.