Okay, so you’re sure that you love your girlfriend. But are you sure that she knows about it? Remember: every relationship requires effort, and if you’re determined to make your relationship work, then be prepared to go the extra mile. Here are some of the best ways that you could show your girlfriend that you truly love her.
- Know her love language. Here’s the deal: if you want to make the maximum impact with your efforts, the most strategic way is to know the type of “love language” that your girlfriend speaks. Love language, as studied by Gary Chapman, refers to the specific way that a person would feel that she is loved. The five general types of love languages are the following: words of affirmation, receiving gifts, acts of service, quality time and physical touch. If the way that you show love to your girlfriend corresponds to her love language, she will be better convinced that you do indeed love her.
- Spend time with her. The common misconception about relationships is that spectacular and “big-time” moments such as an expensive seaside vacation is more effective at strengthening bonds than simple, everyday moments. However, it is these small daily moments of reconnecting that mean more than occasional splurges. Make sure that you have a set schedule for meeting or catching up with your girlfriend. No matter how busy you both become, set at the very least a once a week date night where your highest priority is to see one another. The rest of the week, you should set a time for just talking on the phone, texting, emailing and just basically finding out how the other is doing. The funny thing is that the more you prioritize spending time with one another, the more important your relationship is going to be for both of you.
- Be supportive and encourage her to be her best. If you truly love your girlfriend, you will always want her to be the best that she can possibly be. Remember: true love is selfless.
- Foster a healthy relationship. A healthy relationship is what separates true love from infatuation. Strive to be mature in handling disagreements; encourage your girlfriend to have other areas of interest; maintain balance between being with one another and spending time with friends. The key element to a healthy relationship is balance and moderation.
- Be great to her family and friends. This is actually easier than it may seem at first. Make the effort to remember details about your girlfriend’s family and friends from your conversations with her; they will be very flattered that you know so many good things about them. Remember: polite, well-mannered and being a good conversationalist goes a long, long way. Your efforts will truly be worth it, as the people whose opinions that your girlfriend values will be favorable towards you.
- Speak only good things about her to your friends. How your friends will treat your girlfriend will depend upon one major factor: how much they know you love her, based on how you talk to them about her. If you only say good things about your girlfriend to your friends, it will show on the way that they act around her. Your girlfriend will be sure to notice that.
There you have it! These are some of the best ways that you could show
your girlfriend that you love her. Good luck and hope this helped!