If you’ve met someone and you feel like you’ve been swept off your feet, you need to take things slow so you can be sure that you have a real treasure instead of trash. If you’re not careful, you may not realize that you are being played by a consummate womanizer.
There are several things that should clue you in if a guy is a womanizer. Here are some things to watch out for so you can spot a womanizer.
- He tells you everything you want to hear. Womanizers are very charming and they know how to manipulate people. When you’re around a guy, don’t monopolize the conversation. Ask him about his likes, dislikes and what he is looking for. He may seem overly attentive when you talk to him. This is because he is taking note of what hot buttons to say so he will seem more attractive to you. If you hear your own words back coming from his mouth, take a step back. He may be parroting you in the hopes of getting into your pants.
- He’s moving fast. If he’s trying to swing past first and second base and go straight to third, you need to put on the brakes. A guy who likes to take it fast is after one thing and isn’t interested in your dreams or your personality. If a guy really likes you and is intent in being faithful to you, he will treat you with respect and will try to get to know you more before becoming more physically intimate with you.
- He’s hard to reach. If you try to call him, a womanizer may not readily answer the phone. It may be because he’s out with another girl! When he calls you back, take note of his tone of voice. Is he speaking to you in a hushed or rushed manner? Do you hear another woman’s voice in the background?
- He enjoys other women’s attention. When you’re out with him, does he make eye contact or check out other women in the room. If a guy is devoted to you, he won’t care if everyone else is naked in the room. He’ll only have his eyes on you. If you notice he has a wandering eye, listen to the warning bells in your head. If he’s checking out other chicks when you’re on a date with him, imagine what he’s doing when you’re not around!
- He’s evasive about his past relationships and sexual history. He may not want to talk about his previous girlfriend. Is you ask how many he’s had, he’ll give a vague answer. This may be because the number is so large, he may have lost track or he knows it will turn you off.
- He has a reputation. If other women seem to know your man, listen up! Womanizers will have a bad reputation among the dating set, so listen to what others have to say.
If you don’t want to be just another notch on the bedpost, then you need to take care of yourself. Don’t jump into bed with him right away until you have been on more than just a few dates. If you sleep with him on the first date, you don’t really know what you’re getting and you won’t be sure if you’ll hear from him again.