Contrary to popular belief, sweat doesn’t cause body odor. It is bacteria present in the body that does. When it is combined with sweat, it can produce an unpleasant smell. In other instances, body odor is caused by the food that is eaten by the person. It is also due to poor hygiene. Also, a medical condition may be the cause of the body odor, such as liver or kidney disease.
If you have body odor, there are several measures you can take to ensure that you don’t smell bad. One of the best odor fighting products in the market is good old baking soda! It’s cheap, readily available and all natural. Best of all, it really works. Here are some suggestions on how you can stop body odor naturally with baking soda.
- Use a deodorant with baking soda. There are many commercial products that contain baking soda to help fight body odor. Try Arm and Hammer Essentials Natural Deodorant.
- Use baking soda on your armpits. You can also use baking soda powder full strength directly on your armpits. This can be your homemade and all natural deodorant. Get a damp washcloth and put a bit of baking soda on it. Use this to apply the baking soda directly on your armpits. If you prefer a dry application, use a powder puff applicator. Be careful not to inhale the baking soda powder. Leave it on the skin for about a minute or two before you put on your clothes.
- Mix cornstarch with baking soda and use as a powder. If you sweat all over your body, then you should consider making a baking soda body powder. Get equal amounts of cornstarch and baking soda. Mix the powders well. When well blended, apply to the body using a sponge or powder puff applicator. Focus on your armpits, back, and around the bust underside. The cornstarch and baking soda will absorb the sweat and help neutralize any unpleasant odors.
- Launder your clothes with a cup of baking soda. To help you stay smelling fresh and clean, make sure that your clothes are also free from bad odors. Avoid wearing the same shirt more than once, especially if you’ve already gotten perspiration on it. Also, use natural fabrics to allow the skin to breathe so sweat and odors don’t get trapped. Finally, when you launder your clothes, add a cup of baking soda to the wash along with your regular detergent. It will remove stinky smells from your clothes. This is especially good for towels and gym clothes.
- Put some baking soda in your shoes. If your body odor is coming from your feet, dust your shoes with some baking soda. It will help absorb bad odors coming from your shoes.
As you can see, you don’t need to live with body odor. Make sure you
take a bath at least once a day and use fresh clothing. Stay away from
too much sugar and strong spices, which may affect the alchemy of your
body and cause you to smell.
Using something as simple and inexpensive as baking soda can help you get rid of body odor for good. If you have tried these measures to no avail, consult your doctor.