Cowboy boots are a particular style of boots traditionally worn by cowboys when riding. Today, it is part of a lot of wardrobes for both men and women alike who admire its fashionable look and versatility. The fact that it is made from pure leather adds more to its beauty. This means that there are special methods used to keep them in the best condition all the time and to maintain their quality. Another thing to take care of is getting them to wrap around your feet perfectly. To improve on the fit of cowboy boots so that wearing them is as comfortable as they are made to be, stretching them is necessary. A lot of people may find doing that a bit difficult. To make things easier, here are some methods to use when stretching leather cowboy boots.
- Make use of a stretching fluid. Using of stretching fluid is one simple way of stretching your leather boots. Simply apply the fluid over the surface of the leather boots to make it do its job. You can also be sure that you will not be damaging your leather in the process. It is important however to get a high quality stretching fluid. It is also important to read all of the instructions on the label first to get the best results.
- Clean leather boots with a warm and damp rag. When cleaning up your cowboy leather boots, use a warm and slightly wet rag to clean up both the inner and outer sides of the boots. Work a bit more on the stitches located on the sides of the boots that connect them to the soles. The leather will stretch after doing this practice a few times.
- Stuff damp newspapers inside the boots. Prepare damp newspapers and stuff them tightly into your boots. Do not over-stuff or position the newspapers too far inside or you may deform your boots. Once done, give them a chance to dry up overnight before doing the process over again.
- Use boot or shoe trees. These wooden items can be stretched to fit any shoe size. Place them inside both of your boots to allow them to stretch. An added thing you can do before placing in the shoe trees is to spray the exterior of your boots with a shoe-stretching solution or plain water.
- Other stretching methods. Placing talcum powder or bicarbonate of soda inside your boots before wearing them helps in easing your feet in comfortably. This is recommended especially during warmer weather where the feet tend to sweat and swell. The powder absorbs sweat and makes it easier to remove the boots afterwards.
One way to get a better fit when purchasing a pair of cowboy boots is by buying them after a long day. This is because the feet increase in size from carrying your weight as you go through all your activities during the day, which means your boots will be a bit bigger as well, and may not require as much stretching.