Poofy hair can be a nightmare for most women. It can be such a hassle fixing frizzy hair, especially when you are in a hurry. Poofy hair can turn your day into a bad day. Find out how you can control the frizz when you encounter it. The article below will help you wear gorgeous hair, every day.
- Conditioning is the key. Make this a part of your daily routine. It can take some percentage of time, since it's an extra step when you shower, but it will do a lot in keeping the frizz away. For added efficacy, choose a conditioner that is meant for frizzy and dry hair. The conditioner will help in weighing down your hair, preventing it from being too voluminous in the poofy sense. Find conditioners with silicone content in them. This adds moisture to your hair, making it extra soft, and extra manageable.
- Comb your hair in the shower. Yes, you read that right. While you are conditioning your hair, use a wide-toothed comb to untangle your hair. This not only makes your hair smoother, it also distributes the conditioner more evenly in every part of your hair. Start from the bottom and work upwards when you detangle your hair. Remember to take extra care, though. Hair is more brittle when wet and vigorous combing could lead to split ends and hair fall.
- Apply a styling product to your hair. If you are still faced with the Frizz of Doom, then it's time to take out those tried and tested styling products and apply them to your hair. Pick a styling product with silicone to add shine to your waves. Apply the product to your hair, and blow-dry your hair while scrunching your hair. This makes your curls softer and will last longer. The silicone product will ensure that no frizz will survive.
- Iron it flat. Use a hair straightening iron to keep your tresses flat and straight. Find a hair straightening iron that has ceramic plates so the heat does not do too much damage to your hair. Apply a serum first to your hair before you iron it to protect your hair shafts from getting damaged by the extreme heat. The styling product will also keep your hair straight for longer.
- Perform the last resort. If there is really no hope for the frizz in your hair, it is time to put it up in a bun. Don't worry; you don't have to look like an uptight schoolmarm when you put your hair up. You can tie your hair loosely in a stylish bun. Attach a pretty ribbon or a sparkly hair clip to add a touch of zest to your hair style.
If you are having a particularly bad hair day, try to divert people's attention to your face instead. Wear a bright red lipstick to direct their attention to your face instead of to your hair. If red lipstick is not your thing, play up your eyes. Add extra volume to your lashes or wear pretty eye make-up. You can also wear a fashionable hat to cover up the frizz. Hats are everywhere these days and there will definitely be a hat that will suit your style perfectly.