Being in middle school or 8th grade in particular, can be a lot of fun. But there are times that it can be harrowing for a kid like you. You cannot avoid having bullies in your midst and you may be so unfortunate as to be one of their targets. Homework and school projects may take up most of your weekends. And there is the endless process of waking up early, taking a bath, going to school and waiting for the school bus to take you home. Do you think you will ever survive 8th grade? Yes, you will. You only have to be diligent and hard working to ensure that you finish 8th grade with flying colors. Here are some tips to help you survive 8th grade.
- Do your homework and projects on time. Once you get your homework and projects, do them at once. Do not wait till the last minute to work on them. Cramming is not a good thing. You get stressed and worried if you will finish them on time. Save the playtime for later, when you are done with all your school chores.
- Study for your quizzes. Always study what you are taught at the end of the day because you never know when your teachers will give you a surprise quiz. It is always good to come to school prepared. Studying also allows you to participate in discussions.
- Stand up to bullies. In every school there are bullies. If you are bullied, do not let them terrorize you. They will be just too happy to see you scared and frightened of them. If they see you not being fazed with their antics, they will leave you alone. If they try to hurt you, do not have second thoughts of going to the principal’s office and report them.
- Stay away from the detention room. Detention lessens your time to play and do your homework at home, so stay out of trouble so you will not be detained after school. Sure, you can have fun with your classmates and friends but do not go overboard that your teacher will be forced to take you to the detention room.
- Sleep soundly at night. Sleep for at least eight hours every night so that when you go to school in the morning, you are energized and ready to take on the day ahead. A full night’s sleep helps in the development of the brain and body. Do your homework as soon as you get home so you finish early and can go to bed early as well.
If you are faced with a lot of challenges during your stint in the 8th grade, just think that this phase will be over in a few months and you will be embarking on a new journey on the next school year. Cherish the moments you have in the 8th grade and when you grow up you will look back on all the memories with a smile on your face. Do not let difficulties and bullies get the best of you. Live each school day as if it were your last.