Talking to women and flirting with them takes some skill and practice. It’s a skill that’s easily learned once you get over your shyness and start focusing on what you want to accomplish. You’re never going to get to know other women, get dates or even get a girlfriend unless you get a move on things. If you’re not naturally verbose or you feel shy around the opposite sex, it can be an intimidating prospect to strike up a conversation with a woman so you can express your interest. However, if you want to get to know someone better, then you need to learn the fine art of flirting and engaging a woman in a conversation.
- Relax and be yourself. The first thing you need to remember when you want to talk to a woman and flirt with her is that you need to relax. Put your best foot forward but don’t pretend to be someone that you are not. Take a deep breath and push away all your insecurities to the side. The worst that can happen is you get rejected, and in the larger scheme of things, that’s not such a bad thing. However, if you don’t make the first move, you’ll never get anywhere.
- Make eye contact. When you spot someone that you like, try to make eye contact. If she’s with someone else, other people will let her know you are looking her way. This is a classic signal that you are interested.
- Introduce yourself. Approach the woman and let her know your name. It’s as simple as saying hi and stating your name.
- Ask her about herself. Ask the woman her name and immediately ask a follow up question to get a conversation started. Try to find something in common. For example, if you’re at a party, you can ask how she knows the host. If you’re waiting at the bus stop together, you can ask her where she’s going.
- Listen to what she is saying. Part of being a good conversationalist is listening to the other person. Don’t spend your time thinking of interview questions. Take the time to really hear what she is saying. You can base your next questions on her answers. This will also let you know if you have some sort of connection or rapport with the person.
- Have a sense of humor. Try to make her laugh so you can put her at ease. A guy with a sense of humor is on top of the list of what makes a man attractive to the opposite sex, so try to be witty. However, it doesn’t mean that you crack out the knock knock jokes. It’s better that you tell a funny experience or story or make some funny observations. Gauge her reaction and see if you have the same sense of humor.
- Be a gentleman. At all times when you are conversing and flirting with a woman, be the consummate gentleman. It’s one thing to flirt and an entirely different matter to be fresh. Offer her a seat. Offer to buy her a drink. Lead her to the dance floor. Open the door for her and make sure she is served first.
- Smile. A smile is a surefire way to let a person know you are open, relaxed and interested. If she smiles back, you know she’s interested too!
- Use appropriate body language. Don’t let your mouth do all the talking. Stand tall and carry yourself properly. Lean forward to show you are interested in her. Try to touch her shoulder, hand or hair as a means of flirting.
When you talk to her, be sincere about the things you say. It’s the only way you’re going to make a genuine connection. Put yourself out there and starting laying on the charm. If you’re lucky, she’ll flirt right back with you!