Not all guys are created equally and there are obviously some that are better than others. You need to weed out the losers from the winners to find yourself a good man. Although guys don’t come with labels, their actions and demeanor can help you distinguish the good from the bad.
Here are some signs to look out for so you can tell if he’s a winner of a loser.
- Is he respectful? Is he polite? Is he good to the waitress and does he tip well? Does he greet you properly? Is he a gentleman? Regardless of the century, you should expect to be treated with respect. He should stand up when you enter the room and he should be polite. If he calls you his Ho or Bitch, ditch the loser.
- Is he regularly employed or financially self-sufficient? If the guy can’t hold down a job for more than six months to a year, you need to ask yourself why. You need to take a hard look at how he has his life together. You don’t want to end up becoming a sugar mama do you? If he’s still living at his parent’s basement or his childhood home, he’s a loser.
- What does his place look like? If he’s a slob, you should tread carefully. Look at the neighborhood. If you get invited over, take a look at the condition of the upkeep and the quality of his things? Does he take care of his stuff? If so, then he’s likely to take care of you too. If you end up together, there’s a strong chance it’s where you’ll end up too. If he’s living with his folks because he can’t afford his own place, you have no business being with him.
- Does he bad mouth his ex? If he’s constantly talking crap about his ex, take heed. You could be that person he’s talking about the next time he’s with someone else. A true gentleman doesn’t talk about his personal affairs with other people. Also, no relationship is completely the fault of one person. If he’s always complaining about his ex, you have yourself a blamer and whiner, and that’s a loser.
- Does he groom himself? If the guy doesn’t practice basic physical hygiene, he’s a loser. If he doesn’t take the effort to care for himself, then how do you know he’s going to take care of you and treat you well?
- How is he with his family? Does he have positive stories to share about his family? Is he a mama’s boy? Does he have a dysfunctional relationship with his siblings? Is he from a close knit family? Does he speak highly of his father? How he is with his family is an indicator or how he will interact with the rest of the world, and how he’ll be as a spouse and father.
- How is he with your family? When you introduced him to meet your parents, did he leave them with a rude and bad impression? Pay attention to what your family says because they have a perspective that may be clearer than yours.
Answer these questions truthfully so you can get a good assessment of where your man lies. Check with your friends and close family members for their opinion. People who care about you will want you to be happy with the right guy, so listen up if they tell you something’s off. If you keep your eyes and ears open and follow your instincts, you’ll easily distinguish between a winner and a loser.