When you’re out with other people in the club or other social gathering, you may feel that you are making a connection with another guy. However, signals may get crossed leaving you confused if the guy is really interested and flirting with you, or if you’re just reading things the wrong way.
Here’s how to tell if he’s flirting.
- He establishes eye contact. Do you feel the guy’s eyes boring down your back? Does he seek you out from across the room? If a guy likes you, he’ll zone in on what he likes. He’ll try to catch your attention and when he does, he’ll make an eye contact.
- He smiles at you. Does he smile at you after making an eye contact with you? Is there a smile on his face when he looks at you or talks to you? A smile is one of the ways guys bring out the charm so look at his face.
- He leans forward when he talks to you. When someone shows interest, he will naturally bring his body closer to you. When he talks to you or tries to listen to what you are saying, does he position his body so that he is blocking you off from other guys? Does he lean forward to talk to you or position himself so he is sitting next to you? If yes, he’s probably flirting with you.
- He tends to be touchy. A dead giveaway that the guy is flirting is that he tries to make physical contact with you. He’ll find ways to touch any part of you as he is talking to you, whether it’s a playful hit on the arm, touching your hair or touching your hand during a story. He may casually try to get his arm around you. He may tell you a joke or story that will necessitate that he holds your hand or some other part of your body. He may pretend to try to read your palm or show you something on his person that will make you touch him. If this guy is interested, he’ll find ways to touch you in a casual manner, hoping that later on, it will become something else.
- He tries to impress you with his jokes. Does he lay on his Jim Carrey impressions? Does he do his routine of knock knock jokes? Guys often use humor to try to attract the opposite sex. If he’s in a joking mood and tries to make you laugh, he’ll go out of his way to keep it up to keep your attention.
- He actually talks to you about things. He’ll ask questions about you or share stories about himself if he’s flirting. He’ll send out feeler questions that will require more than one word responses to gauge how you feel about him.
- He preens. Does he suddenly run his hands though his hair, or rub his moustache or straighten his tie? When he’s grooming in front of you, he’s flirting.
Keep these in mind the next time you are with a guy and try to observe his body language around you. If you’re interested, flirt right back.