Infidelity is a major reason for marital relationships to break up. If your spouse is being unfaithful, there are many warning signs that you need to look out for. You only need to be sensitive and keep your eyes open rather than focus on other things and pretend that everything is all right.
Here’s how to tell when your spouse is unfaithful.
- He has unaccounted time. Does your spouse suddenly have more overtime work? Does he have more out of town trips? Does he say he’ll be working all day but when you call the office, he’s not there or hasn’t been for some time? Does he not answer his phone immediately and when you ask him where he is or what he’s doing, the answers are quite vague or evasive? When he comes home, does he say he can’t eat anymore? His missing time may mean that he is with someone else.
- He has a secret cell phone or he refuses to let you see or answer his phone. If your spouse is suddenly very protective of his cell phone, he may be hiding calls and text messages from his secret someone. If he’s driving or you’re in the room with him and he doesn’t answer a phone that is obviously ringing, start wondering whom he is avoiding at the particular moment. A variation to this is your spouse talks in a hushed or discreet manner on the phone and is evasive or brushes you off when you ask what the call is about.
- A specific name comes up. When the affair hasn’t started, your spouse may come home and frequently share stories about a new person he has met or is working with. Listen to your spouse’s stories and take note if there’s a level of fascination or excitement about this new person. This person may figure prominently in a lot of your spouse’s stories.
- You get calls at home but the person hangs up. During odd times of the day when your spouse is home, does your phone ring with no one on the other end? It may be his secret affair calling your home looking for your man, trying to get him on the line.
- There’s lipstick stains on his clothes, or he smells like another woman’s perfume. This is a dead giveaway that your spouse is cheating. If there are physical signs of another person on your man, then don’t turn a blind eye. If you find unknown articles in his car, in his briefcase or in his belongings and you are sure it’s not yours, take heed.
- He loses interest in having sex with you. If your man is getting it from someone else, then he won’t have the stamina or the interest to have sex with you. If he’s less affectionate with you or brushes you off when you initiate affection, see if there are warning bells going off in your head.
- Your gut instinct tells you there’s something wrong. If you’re getting a feeling about your spouse, take heed. Follow your instincts and investigate the situation. You’re most likely right.
If you suspect that your spouse is having an affair, you may need to confront him about it. However, know that most guys will deny it, even when caught red handed. If your gut instinct tells you that there’s another woman or you feel your man’s affections are being diverted from you, you need to take action and take the necessary measures. You may decide to save your marriage or leave him. Either way, confirm first if your suspicions are correct.