Who doesn’t love ice cream sundaes? It’s one of the most delicious and mouth-watering dessert treats that can bring out the child in an adult and squeals of excitement from a child. It’s also one of the best party ideas there is during summertime, one that will be most unforgettable. Throw one with the suggestions below:
- Pick out different ice cream flavors. Make it plain ice cream. Nothing fancy because the idea for this kind of party is for your guests to make their own special ice cream sundae creations by going through the toppings on the ice cream table. When it comes to ice cream flavors, you can never go wrong with chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and mocha. If there are other plain ice cream flavors outside of these flavors, you may include these as well. You can also rent ice cream carts manned by ice cream vendors to dole out ice cream on sticks to complement your ice cream table. The latter suggestion is optional of course.
- Stock up on the ice cream toppings. Here’s where the fun part begins for your guests. Ice cream toppings make ice cream sundaes look and taste delicious, like something straight out of heaven’s kitchen. Scour the supermarket aisles for toppings like chocolate drizzle, chocolate chips, whipped cream, all kinds of nuts, e.g., cashew, almonds, macadamia, among others, cherries, bananas, and candy sprinkles. Get a lot of these so that your ice cream sundae tables are full and brimming with serving bowls filled with these eye-popping toppings. By the way, make a small sign where the nuts are placed for people who are allergic to it.
- Decorate your home like an ice cream parlor. You should have a lot of balloons in your home. You can also take inspiration from ice cream parlors designed in 50s or 60s theme e.g. red/white stripes, swivel chairs, tables and chairs with checked table cloths etc, etc. Put up posters of people enjoying ice cream sundaes. Everything about your home with regard to the party should scream ice cream!
- Dress up like the characters in Archie comics. Your family can all get dressed following the styles of Archie, Veronica, Betty, Jughead, Pop Tate, and the rest of the Riverdale gang during their classic years. Remember that Archie and his friends like hanging out at a place called the “Chok’lit Shoppe” where ice cream sundaes are served. It’s the perfect dress up theme to have!
- Set up the table in a way that kids can queue for ice cream sundaes. You and members of your family should man the ice cream table to help guests pile on the ice cream and toppings. Someone should also run to the freezer to replenish ice cream and ice cream toppings regularly. Make sure you also have a lot of napkins, ice cream boats, and spoons on the table for the guests.
The last thing you will have to do is set the ice cream sundae party on a sunny weekend afternoon as the most ideal time. It’s going to be fun! This one’s surely going to be a sweet, sweet hit!