Cell phones today are not just used for making phone calls. Cell phones today are very complex devices that can be used for a wide variety of tasks. You can use your phone to send text messages, and you can even use phones to send email messages and access the Internet. There are phones that come with cameras, and there are phones that have enough storage capacity to allow you to play music and even movies in them. Because of this, there are quite a lot of data stored in phones. To transfer these data from your cellphone to your computer, follow these steps.
- Mobile Action Handset Manager Kit. First of all, you will need to get the Mobile Action Handset Manager Kit, which can usually be purchased from phone shops and from online retailers. This will allow you to connect your phone to your computer. If you have a phone with Windows Mobile, however, you can make do without this. Make sure that you choose a kit that is made specifically for your phone model.
- Install. After you have purchased the kit, you will need to install it into your computer. For you to be able to do this, you will need to select the file that you have downloaded, and then right click it. Afterwards, choose the “Run” command which will then open up the installation wizard. The installation wizard will guide you through the installation process and will give you the options when it comes to installation. If you have purchased the kit from a brick and mortar retailer, it will come in a CD. Simply right click this CD and the installation process will start.
- Connect. Now that you have installed the software, you will need to physically connect your mobile phone to the computer using a USB cable that fits into your phone. These USB cords are usually packaged with your phone.
- Contacts. Once the phone is connected to your computer, open the program for the Mobile Action Handset Manager and then click on the Contacts button. By clicking this button, you will be able to transfer the contacts that have been saved in your phone. This will create a backup copy that you can use in case your phone gets stolen or in case your phone becomes damaged and all of the contact information is erased.
- Messaging. Next, click the messaging button. This will save into your computer all of the text messages that are stored in your computer. This is useful if you use text messaging for important notes and reminders.
- File Manager. Finally, click on the File Manager button, which will allow you to transfer the photos and sound clips that are stored in your phone into your computer. Alternately, you can transfer files from your computer into your phone using the File Manager.
After you have finished transferring the data from your mobile phone to your computer, make sure that you eject your phone properly. This way, the drivers for your phone will not be damaged. With these steps, you should be able to easily transfer and backup data from your phone into your computer.