There are many conveniences that advancements in technology bring. Today, you can actually upload your photographs directly from your digital camera to your computer using only your Wi-Fi connection. This means that you no longer have to plug in your camera to your computer, and that you no longer have to take out the memory card and insert it into your computer. Here’s how.
- Lexar SD card. First of all, you will need to purchase a Lexar Shoot and Sync SD card. Most digital cameras have SD cards as storage devices. The Lexar Shoot and Sync SD card has only 2 megabytes of storage in it, but it has the ability to connect to a Wi-Fi network. This way, you do not need actual memory in your photographs, because all the photos that you take will automatically be transferred to your computer.
- Set up. Once you have purchased the SD card, you will need to set it up. Start by taking the card and then inserting it into your digital camera. After you have placed the card, you will need to take the installation CD that comes with the SD card, and insert the CD into your computer. An installation wizard will automatically pop up and prompt you to install the software for the SD card into your computer. Simply follow the instructions on the screen to install the software.
- Network and computer. After installation, you will need to specify which Wi-Fi network you want your digital camera to sync to. After you have specified the network, you will need to specify which computer in the network you want your digital camera to sync to.
- Photo services. Afterwards, you will need to determine which photo services you want your digital camera to automatically sync to. Most people today use various photo services for photo storage and photo display. Some people, for instance, make use of Facebook, Flickr, and many others to store and showcase their photographs. If you use these programs, you can easily choose the photo services that you use so that the pictures that you take will automatically be sent to these photo services. Naturally, you need to make sure that you are connected to the Internet so that this will work.
- Plug the card. Now, all you need to do is to take the actual SD card from Lexar and then insert it into the slot in your digital camera. Turn on your digital camera, and the SD card will automatically detect the Wi-Fi network. Make sure that you are within the range of the Wi-Fi network.
- Take photos. Now that you have set up the computer and your camera, it’s time for you to start taking photos. Simply take shots as usual. The shots will automatically be sent to your computer. In essence, your entire computer is your storage device, which means that you can take as many photos as you want.
With these steps in mind, you should be able to easily transfer photos from your digital camera to your computer using a Wi-Fi network.