Acne may go away after a few days without a trace, but sometimes they leave scars. Acne scars form when acne becomes injured, becomes very infected, or when it heals slowly. To treat a scar, the infection on it must be minimized. Tea tree oil is a good disinfectant and may be used to treat acne scars.
- Use products with tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is now mixed in a variety of skin products that treat acne. There are soaps, lotions, washes, cleansers, toners and the like with an amount of tea tree oil on them. Look for these products and use them as directed. Before using a product, read the list of ingredients. Find out if there are some components that you’re allergic to. Allergies provoke acne outbreaks and worsen scarring. Before using it, test it on a small area of your skin and see if redness or itchiness develops. If it does, don’t use it.
- Combine tea tree essential oil with aloe vera. Aloe vera helps with healing wounds and moisturizing dry skin. It works great with tea tree oil because tea tree is drying to the skin. Put 3 drops of tea tree oil into an ounce of aloe vera then mix them together. Apply the mixture to your acne scars.
- Dilute tea tree essential oil with a carrier oil. Essential oils are often harsh to the skin when applied undiluted. To make tea tree become milder to the skin, mix 20 drops of tea tree essential oil with 2 tablespoons of carrier oil. Make sure that the carrier oil you use is not too thick, as this may block your pores.
- Mix tea tree essential oil into a moisturizer. Put 20 drops of tea tree essential oil with every 30 ml of moisturizer. This combination moisturizes your skin and promotes acne scar healing. Choose a moisturizer that is not too oily but not too drying.
- Blend tea tree essential oil with fruit juices. Fruit juices have wonderful effects to the skin. For example, lemon juice lightens dark acne scars, tomato juice helps skin regenerate, and cucumber juice improves the condition of the pores. Mix 20 drops of essential oil for every 2 tablespoons of fruit juice.
- Use tea tree essential oil as a bath. For body acne, mix 20 drops of essential oil to lukewarm bath water. Mix milk with the bath water for a moisturizing effect. Make sure that the bath water doesn’t get into your eyes, ears and mouth and that you don’t have open wounds.
- Combine tea tree essential oil with other essential oils. Use other essential oils along with tea tree oil to get their benefits. For example, geranium essential oil cleans oily residues from the skin, eucalyptus kills microorganisms, chamomile soothes inflammation, etc. Mix 20 drops of this combination with 30 ml of carrier oil before application.
Tea tree oil may be used in several ways to treat acne scars. Buy essential oil from trustworthy essential oil sellers. Handle the essential oil properly and store in a good container away from heat and cold. Before using essential oils, consult a doctor regarding their safety.