Infertility is a condition where a couple fails to conceive after at least a year of trying. Women most commonly suffer from infertility. But there are also a percentage of men who also suffer from infertility. With the right treatment, most couples with one or both persons who are infertile, conceive successfully. There are also some who really cannot get pregnant even with the help of drugs and surgery. Adoption is an option for couples who cannot conceive a baby. Treatments for infertility include surgery, drugs and alternative remedies like acupressure. Acupressure is a form of Chinese alternative medicine where it uses gentle force on different pressure points on the body to heal different kinds of illnesses. You can do acupressure by yourself. You only have to study the pressure points and the proper way in applying pressure. This article will focus on treating infertility with acupressure. Read on.
- Enroll on an acupressure class. Search online or in the yellow pages for an acupressure class in your area. You will be taught the right way to do acupressure and the pressure points to work on to treat infertility. You can also buy books that teach acupressure to beginners. They should be easy to find.
- The following are the pressure points to work on and how to properly apply pressure to treat infertility:
- Eyebrows. Using your thumb, start at the inner corner of one eyebrow. Massage the area in circular motions to let blood flow freely through the head.
- Below the navel. A few inches below the navel, massage with your three middle fingers on both hands, making sure to apply firm pressure. Doing this helps your uterus function properly. It also strengthens your kidneys’ function.
- Scalp. Above the hairline, press the soft spots with your fingers. Doing this promotes the effective function of your uterus and pelvis.
- Ear triangular fossa. This is found at the top of the ear. Use your thumb and index finger to massage the area. It stimulates the fallopian tubes into functioning properly.
- Other pressure points. There are many other pressure points all over the body that can aid in the treatment of infertility. Consult a book or the Internet for more information.
If all other options to get pregnant naturally are exhausted, in vitro fertilization can be tried. It may be expensive but the success rate is high. Surrogacy can also be considered. It is where the woman’s egg and the man’s sperm are joined together inside the womb of the surrogate mother. If all else fails, there are so many less fortunate children all over the world waiting for someone to adopt them and give them a loving home.
It is important to understand that acupressure may not be effective on you due to some circumstances. There may be some instances or circumstances that will not be helpful in your conception. Anyhow, it should dampen your spirit in trying to conceive. There are still many ways to get pregnant. Exhaust every option so you will not regret not having to try everything.