Having insomnia is very hard. You are tired throughout the day because of lack of sleep. Insomnia is a sleep disorder where a sufferer loses precious hours of sleep. It is characterized by very few hours of sleep every night for several nights that can last for a few months. It is also characterized by being unable to go back to sleep after being awakened in the middle of the night. Fortunately, there is a cure for this condition. You can choose from these treatments: anti-depressants, pills, hypnotherapy, and self-hypnosis, among others. If you are desperate to cure yourself of insomnia, this article will teach you how to do hypnosis by yourself. Read on.
- Clean your place of unnecessary clutter. Clutter and mess distract you, so it is important to keep your place clean. Cleaning it will also help you in your quest to cure your insomnia. Get rid of things that you no longer need and use. Give them to charity or hold a garage sale.
- Find a nook in your home where you can meditate quietly. Pick your favorite corner and adorn it with scented candles and a mat where you can lie down or sit. Play soothing background music.
- Close your eyes and relax. Get rid of negative thoughts and everything that bothers you in the moment. They may be the root cause of your insomnia. Relax your body to get rid of the tension in your muscles. The music and the candles will help you relax.
- Visualize. Visualizations relieve stress and anxiety. Imagine a scene or a place where you can relax, be yourself and be totally stress-free. Tell yourself that this is where you should be everyday of your life. That no matter how hard and difficult life may be, you can get up and conquer all your problems and emerge victorious.
- Breathe. Take deep, slow breaths while you are visualizing. You will feel more relaxed and light. Deep breathing distributes oxygen to the brain, which is the main component of your body that is working during self-hypnosis. Adequate oxygen in the brain lets you think clearly.
- Repeat these words: “beautiful, deep and restful sleep”. Doing this primes your mind to have restful sleep. Repeat a few times while inhaling and exhaling. This will serve as your mantra when you do self-hypnosis. Do these exercises as often as you can until you are free of your insomnia.
Relieve yourself of everyday stress to avoid having insomnia. Keep a positive outlook in life and maintain a healthy lifestyle. If and when possible, do not dwell and let yourself be carried away by personal issues that are in you. They are the main causes of insomnia, and you may get depressed on top of that.
There may be circumstances that you will not be successful in treating your insomnia by way of self-hypnosis. You may not be in tune or focused in your meditation that may cause this treatment to fail. Ask your doctor for advice on which treatment is best for you.