There are other alternatives to treating lupus. However, there is no guarantee that there these remedies cures the disease. Homeopathic remedy is commonly used eespecially by patients who are not too keen on chemicals and the side effects of traditional medicine. Before you take on any of these alternatives, make sure to consult with your doctor. It’s important to clear it with your physician to ensure that your chosen homeopathic won’t do more harm.
- Proper diet as a safe remedy. The simplest homeopathic remedy is to eat food, particularly those that have sulfur, which helps increase the calcium in your body. Keep food like onions, garlic, eggs, whole grain, fish, leafy vegetables, pineapple, fruits and olive oil in your fridge. These items are healthy for you and your condition while it’s pertinent that you stay away from dairy products, bell peppers, tomatoes, red meat and potatoes, which can aggravate your symptoms.
- Prick yourself. Acupuncture helps relieve many aches, pains and discomfort. Go to a licensed acupuncturist to get the treatment done. This helps make lupus patients more comfortable because it relieves the patient from aches and pains as well as improves the circulation of the blood. Be aware that acupuncture doesn’t work magic in one go. You’ll have to go back for several treatments in order to see complete results.
- Herbal treatment. Everybody knows herbs are very good for the body. Almost everything comes in herb versions nowadays, including shampoo, cough medicine and the like. Similarly, herbal ingredients are healthy to use as homeopathic treatments. Some ingredients that you can use are: alfalfa, flaxseed oil, yucca, red clover, cat’s claw and licorice root. Herbs help to detoxify patients, which help to alleviate symptoms.
- Get in shape. Exercise is another all-natural treatment that you can do to help make a life of lupus easier for you. However, since lupus patients are advised to keep the stress level low, consult with your doctor regarding the kind of exercise you can get in to. It’s also important to get lots of rest to build up your resistence. Keep relaxed by lighting candles or oil scents that are calming.
- Alternative to chemicals. Lupus patients are usually doped up on steroids or pain killers to help manage the disease’s symptoms. There are other alternatives that you can take if you are not comfortable downing medicine day after day. For example, White Willow Bark twice a day can take the place of painkillers. Fifty milligrams of this will help numb the pain. Gingko Biloba is a very natural way to bring down swelling. Depending on your condition, 50 to 100 mgs two times a day will help with your inflammation and protect your kidney by improving circulation. Devil’s Claw also helps with inflammation. Burdock Root or Red Clover helps to detoxify patients. Pulsatilla and Sulphur help with discomfort when it is warm. Contrarily, Rhus Toxidodendron is to be taken at 30C if cold weather or applications bring discomfort or worsen your condition.
Homeopathic treatment does wonders for many lupus patients, but make sure to clear your preferred remedies with your physician.