Scars are definitely not a good sight on your skin. However, do you know that you do not have to suffer from ugly scars anymore? You can use essential oils to treat scars and even prevent more scarring in the long run. If you want to try this option, check out these steps in using essential oils in treating scars:
- Identify the essential oils that can help you in treating scars. There are a lot of essential oils in the market that you can use for this purpose. This includes lavender, mandarin, neroli, carrot, everlasting, tangerine, and sandalwood. Other essential oils that you can use are roman chamomile, mandarin, frankincense, tea tree, helychrysum, rosemary, and sage.
- Determine which oil you prefer to use for your scars. There are some essential oils that can come conflicting with your health condition. Know more about each essential oil and choose the best one that can be of help to you without risking anything.
- Test each essential oil on your skin first. It is fine if you have several essential oils in mind. Get all the oils in your selection and do a test for each of them on your skin. Apply only a small amount of the oil on a small area of your skin. This is necessary so you can test whether or not your skin will have any allergic reaction with the application of the oil. If you experience redness, burning, and itching, do not use that particular essential oil for treating your scar.
- Prepare a mixture of the essential oil that you will be using for your scars. Get a small container and add in 25 to 30 drops of your choice of essential oil. Add vitamin E also by poking a small hole on its end using a pin and then squeezing it into the container. Use a wooden stick to stir the oil and vitamin E. Finish by adding wheat germ and the rose hip seed oil. Stir the mixture together prior to using it for treating your scars.
- Apply the solution to your scar. Rub the solution across the scar. It will even be better if you massage it into your scar. The oil will help in promoting the growth of healthy tissue in the area of the scar. Take note that you must not apply this solution to a new scar unless the tissue has closed already. Repeat this process to all scars that you intend to treat.
- Consult a medical professional for better results. More often than not, it is better to consult a professional in terms of using essential oil for scars. This is necessary especially if you have an existing medical condition. Same is true if you are giving this to a child, to a pregnant or breastfeeding woman, and to those under medication.
You do not have to suffer from the sight of scars forever. With the proper use of essential oils, you can treat scars easily and effectively. However, take note that not all essential oils can be of help to you in this purpose. If an essential oil works for you, it does not mean that it will work for your partner, child, or friends, too. It is always best to seek the advice of professionals for best results in the end.