The hair in your head is one of the most defining features in your face. Not only can it make or break your look, but it can also hide flaws in your bone structure and head shape. The problem, however, is that hair usually gets thin as you grow older. This is especially frequent for men. If you have thinning hair, here are ways to treat and improve your condition.
- Diet. Start by making sure that you have a full, balanced diet. Remember that your diet vastly affects your hair. A lot of people already know that a good and healthy diet will make your hair look fuller and glossy, and will make the strands stronger to help prevent split ends. But, a good diet will also help to make sure that your hair grows thick and strong. Make sure that you eat plenty of omega-3 fat acids in your diet. These are usually from dishes made with fish and with legumes, such as nuts. Cheese, liver, soy, and eggs are also excellent sources of omega-3 fatty acids, which will help improve your hair condition.
- Medication. If you are a man who is experiencing male pattern hair loss, you should consider getting medication against the condition. There are many products and pills out in the market ,which claim to be able to reverse hair loss, but make sure that the products contain Finasteride. Minoxidil is another compound that your medication should have. Without these key ingredients, the medication will not work and is probably a fake.
- Shampoo. There are also some shampoos, which contain Minoxidil and Finasteride. These shampoos will help thicken your hair while the active compounds are absorbed into the scalp and help to re-grow and regenerate your hair. Silica shampoos are also sometimes used to stimulate hair growth in the scalp. Biotin based shampoos also help to stimulate the hair follicles and cause them to grow hair again.
- Hairstyles. If your hair is still growing, but is getting thinner, you should consider changing your hairstyle to help make the thin strands stand out and get more volume. Shortening your hair and layering the hair removes the excess weight that usually causes hair to become very flat and very thin. Apart from the hair cut, also consider using mousse and other hair products that will help to add volume to your hair. Make sure, however, that the products that you use are not too creamy and heavy, since this will cause the hair to droop down.
- Implants. As a last resort, you should also consider getting hair implants. Hair implants involves surgery and is a lot more expensive than medication and special shampoos for thinning hair, but is very effective because you are literally replacing your hair follicles with follicles that are capable of growing new hair. Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon about this procedure before getting it done on you.
With these steps, you should be able to reverse the signs of thinning hair and get the luxurious head of hair that you used to have.