Eating a muffin is delicious, but looking like one is downright ghastly. It looks very unflattering, and is especially emphasized when you wear a low-rise top. If your weight is going out of control and you have developed a muffin top, you need to take action. If you are diligent about it, you can see an improvement in as little as a week.
Here’s how to trim that muffin top tummy in seven days.
- Cut back on carbs. Take out refined foods in your diet. Take away all processed food and detox your body by consuming a lot of fresh fruits and high fiber vegetables. Watch your dietary intake when you are trying to whittle your waistline. If you will eat meat, focus on lean cuts of protein and stay away from fatty cuts of meat. Refined white sugar is especially hazardous to your waistline and your overall health, so stay away from it at all costs. If you want something sweet, focus on fruits instead. If you want a sweetener, use Agave or honey instead. However, you should still be mindful of the amounts of sweeteners you use in your food. These are still unnecessary calories.
- Drink a lot of water and stay hydrated. Drink eight to ten glasses of water a day. This will help your body flush out the toxins in the body. You may also want to drink cups of green tea. Green tea will help you metabolize fat better and helps rid the body of unwanted toxins.
- Work your core muscles. If you want to get rid of your muffin top, you need to exercise. One of the best things you can do is to do Pilates and other exercises that will target your core muscles. Think about gymnasts and acrobats that use their core muscles extensively. These people do not have anything resembling a muffin top. Get a trainer to work with you or pop a video and follow it at home. Positions such as planks, sideways planks and other Pilates positions can effectively positions and exercises can help get rid of that muffin top in no time. Your abdominal muscles may feel sore, but you will feel and look great in no time. Do is as often as you can.
- Do aerobic exercises. If you want to burn fat and lose that muffin top, you need to work out. Get your heart rate up by working out at least thirty minutes a day by walking, jogging, running or biking. If you prefer, you can engage in a sport or go for a swim. Get moving and you’ll start to lose that dreaded muffin top. You can’t spot lose fat but you can lose your overall fat percentage by engaging your entire body in exercise.
- Stop bingeing. Eat more mindfully and stay away from the buffet line if you want to rid yourself of that muffin top. Eat small meals several times a day rather than having three big meals a day. Make sure the small meals are healthy, so choose healthy items in reasonable portions.
Keep your goal in sight and don’t lose focus on the type of body you want to have. If you want to look good and feel great, you need to take care of yourself always. A muffin top is a sign that you need to watch what you eat and have a little more physical activity. If you do this regularly, then you can be sure of be rid of your muffin top for good.