The cold weather is both enjoyable and is something to deal with. The cold brings about a feeling of wanting to stay in bed, sleep, and snug the whole day long. Tumbling and rolling in bed can be all fun and joy unless you have to get up and bathe for work. The good thing is you can get the right equipment to heat water for you to get ready to go out and work.
Equipment like the Whirlpool Electric hot water heater can keep you safe and warm from the cold. It is simple as plugging in and then using it for you to get and enjoy hot water. However, a Whirlpool Electric hot water heater may eventually break down. Here are some tips on how to troubleshoot a Whirlpool Electric Hot Water Heater.
- Whirlpool Electric Hot Water Heater problems. Before you begin troubleshooting, you must learn to look at what problems you need to shoot. Here are some examples: hot water easily runs out, no hot water is available at all, water can be extremely hot, bad scent can come from the heated water, puddle forming in the electric hot water heater, and popping sounds.
- Tools for hot water heater troubleshooting. You just cannot troubleshoot a Whirlpool Electric hot water heater problem. Here are the tools that you need: slotted screwdriver, Phillips head screwdriver, work gloves, voltage tester and rubber sole work shoes. The right tools can make the troubleshooting easier, faster and even safer. So take time to collect the tools before you start troubleshooting.
- The tricky leak. Whirlpool Electric hot water heater should be thoroughly looked at. If leaks can be found the Whirlpool Electric hot water heater should be replaced. The hot water heater is beyond repair at this point.
- Power on or off? Another way to troubleshoot a hot water heater problem is by looking at its breaker. Look closely if the power of the hot water heater is on or not. The power supply source should be intact and not fluctuating. When you check the power cord, source or just about anything related to power or electricity you should wear rubber sole work shoes. This pair will keep you safe from electrocution.
- Getting in to the thick of things. The next thing you should do is to get your Philips head screwdriver. You will use this to unscrew the hot water heater’s cover plates. These cover plates are found on the upper and also the lower access panels. Make sure that you use work gloves in the next step. The next step is all about taking out the insulation cut-outs.
- Limited by the limiter switch? The hot water heater can also be held back by a limiter switch. If the limiter switch trips, it will cause the heater to stop. All you have to do is to press “reset”.
- Cold water problem. For heater that churn out cold water, look at the power coursing towards the upper element. Make use of a voltage tester to check if power is entering. If it does, and water is still cold, you should replace the thermostat.
- Warm or overly hot water. For water with unsatisfactory temperature, like extreme heat or lukewarm, you should check the temperature setting. The temperature should be set somewhere between 110 and 125 degrees F.
- Popping problems. For popping sounds, check if there are minerals building up. All you have to do is shut off the both the power and water supply after draining the tank. Clean it.
- Odor problems. The cause of odors in hot water is caused by Magnesium anode. The fix is simple. Drain your tank, turn off the both the power and water source. Clean your tank with the help of bleach water. Then you should put a new anode rod, an anode rod that uses aluminum.
Keep enjoying hot water with your Whirlpool Electric hot water heater. Keep your heater working well.