A Hossfeld bender is a tool that is used for manipulation of tubing. The Hossfeld bender can have additional pieces to form different set ups so that you can do more with it. The Hossfeld bender can also be used for other bending needs such as square, rectangle, flat, pipe and many more. You have to be knowledgeable in operating the Hossfeld bender so that you can come up with the items that you need for your projects. Here are the instructions that you can follow when operating a Hossfeld bender.
- Familiarize yourself with the parts. Set up your Hossfeld bender and familiarize yourself with the parts. Consult the manufacturer’s instructions on how to properly set it up. You can also read on the different parts of the Hossfeld bender so that it will be easier for you to use later on.
- Prepare the Hossfeld bender. Now you can prepare the Hossfeld bender for your bending needs. Get the back block and mount it on the arm of the Hossfeld bender. The side of the back block that has a number should be facing upwards. Mount it in place with the u-shaped pin that came with the bender. Make sure that you mount the back block on the same number on the arm of the bender. The shorter side of the u-shaped pin must be facing away from the pivot of the bender.
- Secure the draw block. The next step is to secure the draw block on the right arm of the Hossfeld bender. To do this, place the draw block on the right arm side and mount it using the eye pin. Shoot the eye pin on the hole. Again, you should make sure that the number of the draw block is the same as the hole that you are mounting it into.
- Secure the die. Now you can secure the form die. Just like the other parts, place the die facing upwards in between the steel arms of the Hossfeld bender. When you secure the die, the straight part must be parallel to the placing of the back block that you mounted earlier. After all the components are in place, rotate the right and left arm so that they are close to each other and form a small angle. The back block and the draw block must be aligned.
- Using the Hossfeld bender. Now you can use the Hossfeld bender. Place the tube on the space between the back block and the die. Pull the right arm so that you can start bending the tube on the die. It is up to you how bent you want the tube to be. It may take a while before you get the results that you want. You just have to experiment on the strength of the pull to get your desired bend on the tubing.
These are the instructions that you can follow when using a Hossfeld bender. Make sure that all the components are mounted in place before you start so that you can come up with pieces that you need.