Kingston Technology has a wide range of USB flash drives that come in different storage sizes. A USB flash drive is something that most people need in order to keep important files with them and transfer or access them in different computers. USB flash drives are used by students and employees. Using a Kingston USB flash drive is really easy. Follow the instructions that are provided here to learn how to use the Kingston USB flash drive the proper way.
- Purchase a flash drive. You can purchase a Kingston flash drive from your local computer store or you can also order one online from their official website at Kingston Technologies. They have consumer flash drives, enterprise hard drives and government hard drives. Browse through their products to find the USB flash drive that you need.
- Turn on your computer. Turn on your computer and wait for it to fully boot up.
- Insert the flash drive. Remove the cap from your Kingston USB flash drive. Look for an available USB port on your computer and plug the flash drive in.
- Access the flash drive. Wait for your computer to read the device that you have just plugged in. This can take a few seconds. Afterwards, double click on the ‘My Computer’ icon on your desktop. You will be able to see the hard drives that are currently present on your machine. The Kingston USB flash drive is the removable media icon inside the ‘My Computer’ folder. Double click on the removable media icon to access the Kingston USB flash drive.
- Add files to the flash drive. Now you can add the important files that you want to place inside the Kingston USB flash drive. To do this, all you have to do is to click and drag the items into the folder of the flash drive.
- Remove the USB flash drive. Remove the USB flash drive from the USB port once you are done using it. To do this properly, go to the system tray on your desktop and right click on the remove hardware icon. A window will show up with the devices on your computer. Click on the Kingston flash drive from the list and click on the ‘Stop’ option. Wait for the notification when you can safely remove the flash drive. Afterwards, remove the flash drive from the port. Avoid unplugging the flash drive from your computer without ejecting it first.
- Using the flash drive. When you need to access the files inside the Kingston USB flash drive, all you have to do is plug it into a USB port. Access the folder of the flash drive to view the contents inside.
This is how easy it is to use the Kingston USB flash drive. Make sure that you keep backup copies of the important files that you need in your computer. If you need a bigger storage capacity, you might want to purchase an external hard drive so that you can organize and keep copies of all the files that you need.