Avidemux is one of the most popular video editing and video conversion software. There are many types of video converting software out there, but one of the best things about Avidemux is that it can handle a lot of various video formats and has an easy to use interface. Best of all, the program is completely free. Here’s how you can use Avidemux to convert various video file types, such as AVI and MP4, into MPEG files that you can play with Windows Media Player.
- Visit the site. First of all, you will need to visit the Avidemux website. To do this, simply click open your favorite web browser and then type in the Avidemux website. Afterwards, you will be able to see the product download button on the home page. In order to download, simply click the download button and wait for the download to start. In a couple of minutes, the application installer will finish downloading.
- Install. After the installer file has finished downloading, you will need to run the program and install it in your computer. To do this, simply double click or right click the file and hit the Run command. An installation wizard will then pop up on your screen and you should be able to install the program by following the instructions on the screen.
- Open and select. After you have installed the program, you will need to launch the program. You can do this by searching for the program icon on your desktop, or by searching for the icon in your startup button. After the program has loaded, you will see a button labelled as Open. Click on this button so that you will be able to choose the file that you want to convert into an MPEG video.
- Choose the format. Once you have chosen the file, you will need to select the type of format that you want to save the file in. In this case, you will need to choose the MPEG file format, so that the video will be saved as an MPEG file. There are, however, other options for you. For instance, you can convert videos into AVI files, MP4 files, and many more. The type of player that you use for playing the videos will determine the type of file format that you will choose.
- Save. After selecting the format, click on the OK button to begin the conversion. After the conversion is finished, you will need to click on the File menu where you will find the Save command. Choose the location where you want your video to be saved in, and then close the program.
With these steps, you should be able to convert various types of video files into an MPEG video. The MPEG file format is one of the most recognized video file types, and is playable in most computers with a Windows operating system, which is why converting videos into MPEG is a good idea if you want to improve the video’s compatibility with various other players and computers.