When you’ve had a late night out, you may find yourself waking up with dark circles under your eyes. It’s unsightly not to mention unflattering. You may want to use over the counter beauty creams to treat the problem. However, if you’ve run out or you’d like to use a home remedy instead, here are some things you can try out. It’s inexpensive and most materials and ingredients are readily available so it can easily be done.
Here’s how to use home remedies for dark circles.
- Place a cold compress on your eyes. Reduce puffiness and dark circles under your eyes by using a cold compress. If you don’t have one, get an ice cube from the freezer and wrap it in a piece of soft cloth, alternate pressing the ice cube over each eye. Do this for about twenty minutes each eye.
- Use two slices of cucumber. Cucumber is an anti-inflammatory and has an effective cooling action on the eye area. Get a fresh cucumber and get two slices. Place a slice each over each eye. Allow to rest on the eye area for about ten to fifteen minutes before discarding. You should immediately see results.
- Place tea bags on your eyes. After you drink your morning tea, place it in the refrigerator to cool down. When the tea bags have properly cooled, go ahead and place it over your closed eye. Be careful not to get any liquid in your eye area. Lie down and rest with the tea bags over your closed eye lids for at least ten to twenty minutes before discarding. Wash your face with warm water after, to remove any tea residue.
- Drink a tonic of tomato juice, lemon, mint and salt. Flush out the toxins from your body that may be causing the puffiness and dark circles under your eyes. In a small glass, combine one cup of tomato juice with a squeeze of lemon, salt and a few sprigs of fresh mint from your herb garden. Drink the tonic. It’s an excellent pick me up loaded with vitamin C and anti-oxidants, and it will aid in flushing your system as well as reducing as puffiness and dark circles in your eye area.
- Flush toxins out by drinking a lot of water. Make sure that you drink a lot of water during the day. Have at least eight glasses of water. This will help remove any puffiness, swelling and dark circles that show on your face.
- Take pineapple juice and turmeric. In a small bowl, combine three tablespoons of pineapple juice with a teaspoon of turmeric. Get a few cotton balls and soak it in the solution. Place the soaked cotton balls over your closed eyelids and leave it on for ten minutes. This effective anti-inflammatory will remove any dark circles.
- Get the juice of a cucumber. If you prefer, you can use the juice from a cucumber to treat your dark circles. Put the cucumber through the juicer and soak a cotton ball in the juice. Place this over your eyes and leave on for ten minutes. You may also try potato juice.
- Since prevention is always key, you should always try to get as much sleep as possible. Ideally, go to bed no later than 10pm and try to get eight hours of sleep. If you are well rested, it will show in your eyes and face.
Try any of these home remedies. It really works! Allow yourself some time in the morning to try any of these approaches. Most of the items need to be placed over your closed eyes for at least twenty minutes, so you may not have time to do it if you’re in a rush.