If you suffer from asthma, it can be a difficult condition to manage. Many asthma sufferers can experience attacks from a variety of triggers. Western medicine approaches the treatment of asthma with a combination of lifestyle changes and medication.
As an alternative approach, you may want to use homeopathy as a way to treat asthma. Here’s how to use homeopathics to treat asthma.
- Remove your asthma triggers in the home. Before you head out and change your medication, you need to make sure that your environment is free of triggers as much as possible. Clean your home of dust, pollen and other allergens that can trigger an asthma attack. Remove shelves and blinds in your bedroom and keep your surroundings clean.
- Consult with your homeopathic doctor. To know what homeopathic medicine you can take, you need to talk to a homeopath. The practitioner will make a diagnosis of your condition based on your symptoms, medical history, health habits and personality. It’s important that you follow the instructions as it is given to you. Never attempt to make your own combination of homeopathic treatments. Each agent is very powerful and can directly affect your system. Although there are no known ill side effects to taking homeopathic medicine, you must still get the correct dosage to be able to get results.
- Take the required dosage. Regardless of what the homeopath prescribes to you, you must follow the dosage as instructed. The efficacy of the product will be determined by properly taking the correct dosage at the proper intervals as instructed by the practitioner.
- Determine if you need to continue your other medication. If you’re taking steroids to deal with your asthma, you need to tell the homeopath. He needs to know your full medical history to be able to determine the best approach to take with your specific condition. You may need to be weaned off your medication gradually or you may need to just stop it completely. Discuss your options with your doctors.
- Take a holistic approach to asthma treatment. When using homeopathy to treat your asthma, you need to realize that is should be part of an overall approach to curing your condition. There is a strong emotional link to asthma, so you need to work out any emotional issues you may have. You must learn to handle and manage stress and be able to work on your personal issues. Keep in mind that in alternative medicine, medical symptoms are the body’s way of communicating an underlying problem, usually from a psycho-emotional source. Aside from the physical environment that you need to modify, see if there are any supplements that you can take to increase your lung strength. You may want to consider taking Cordyceps, a Chinese tonic that can help increase lung strength.
Take measures to control your health and learn to manage your asthma. Homeopathy can be instrumental in helping achieve the path to wellness, so study it carefully and determine if it is an option you want to consider for yourself. Good luck!