Through the years, Italian cuisine has been steadfast in creating a fine dining experience for all its fans. The mere mention of it instantly brings freshly made breads and noodles, rich sauces and decadent cheeses to mind. Truly, these Italian chefs have made their country proud.
Do you like to create food worthy to be served in a prestigious Italian restaurant? If so then having the right cooking utensils is a good way to go, as these tools will help your food to achieve that Italian effect you desired. Since the market is filled with a variety of utensils, the list below has been narrowed down to ten important utensils you need to have. Read on to find out what these utensils are and how can you utilize each to your advantage.
- Pasta pan. What is Italian cooking without its tried-and-tested pasta dishes? Among the many types of pasta pans available in the market today, those that are made from either aluminum or stainless steel are your best options. Keep in mind that these pans also come in different shapes and sizes. If you cook mainly for a small group of people, a 5-gallon pan is more than enough for your pasta needs. There are 8-gallon pots available too, if you cook for a bigger group.
- Colanders. Drain your pasta and fresh vegetables in colanders made from either aluminium or copper. You can also use ones that are made from plastic. Buy at least two in different sizes to make sure that it will accommodate the volume of pasta and vegetables that you will be using it with.
- Special knife. A 6-inch chef’s knife is the ideal cutlery recommended for Italian cooking. Find one that is finished in either carbon or stainless steel. Make sure that it also has a secure and textured knob to prevent accidents when chopping ingredients.
- A pair of kitchen scissors. Buy a pair of scissors with carbon steel blades to cut tough meat and vegetables more effectively.
- Cast-iron garlic press. Italian chefs are known for adding fresh garlic in their dishes. Invoke the same Italian vibe in your cooking by buying a garlic press that you can use to squash different sizes of garlic.
- Cheese grater. Investing in a quality-made cheese grater is important because cheese is another great facet of Italian cooking. Choose from among the variety of cheese graters in the market and choose one that you deem right and appropriate.
- Wooden spoons or spatulas. Spoons and spatulas made from wood are perfect for cooking soups and pasta sauces to perfection. Buy them in different sizes for variety.
- Ladles. Make use of ladles made from either melamine or stainless steel to pour pasta sauces and soups in a more efficient manner.
- Baking pans. To bake all-time favourites like lasagne and baked ziti, it is important that you have a set of durable baking pans that are ovenproof and microwave-safe at the same time.
- Oven timer. To ensure that your Italian pastries and pasta are properly baked, buy a timer that will help you follow proper baking instructions.
And there you have it! The top ten list of Italian cooking utensils
that you must have to improve your culinary skills further. Simply use
them the next time you cook and be prepared for the amazing results that
will soon follow. Have fun!