Although there’s no potion that can make you look like your favorite movie star, you can make your facial skin look flawless by applying concealer. This magic makeup comes in various forms and shades to fit every skin type and skin color. Read the instructions below on how to use this beauty enhancer in transforming your face:
- Prepare the materials and tools. You need a concealer, a foundation, a loose powder, a mild soap, a soft towel, a toner, a moisturizer (optional), a sponge (optional), and yellow and green eye shadow (optional) for this activity.
- Prepare your face. Wash your face with warm water to open your pores. Use mild soap to remove dirt and oil from your face without causing irritation. Next, wash the soap off with tepid water. Then, as a final rinse, splash your face with cold water to close your pores. Use a soft towel to pat your face dry. Make sure not to rub the towel on your face, or else you’ll encourage skin sagging. Apply toner to your face to make its pores appear smaller, and then spread moisturizer on your face to make your face look supple. You can skip putting moisturizer on your face, however, if your skin is very oily.
- Choose a concealer. Use a concealer that is a shade lighter than your skin tone. Select your concealer’s undertone depending on the type of imperfection that you want to cover. Get a yellow-toned concealer if you want to disguise dark circles under your eyes. Acquire a green-toned concealer, if you want to hide pimples and reddish bruises. You can also dab the affected area with a bit of eye shadow (yellow or green) first before applying concealer.
- Apply concealer. Use your ring finger to dab a thin layer of concealer on your problem areas. Be careful not to stretch your skin. Repeat the application of the concealer on your blemishes, if needed.
- Apply foundation. Wash the concealer off your ring finger, and use it again to apply foundation on your face. Dot the foundation on your forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin, and spread it gently on your face. You can also use a sponge to do this, but make sure that the sponge you’re going to use is clean so that you wouldn’t encourage the growth of pimples. Then, pat loose powder all over your face and neck to set the foundation in place.
- Put on the rest of your makeup. During this time you will see that you have completely made your facial flaws disappear. You may now proceed to apply your favorite eye shadow, eyeliner, blush, and lipstick.
Always wash your hands first before applying any kind of product on your face. You will transfer the dirt and oil on your hands to your face if you fail to do this step. Also, make sure clean brushes, sponges, and other makeup applicators at least every two weeks to prevent makeup and dirt buildups. By following these procedures, you’ll be able to avoid blackheads and acne.