Makeup is known for enhancing people’s features. It is also popular for hiding the flaws and blemishes of people. However, do you know that it can also be used to make you look younger? Yes, you’ve read it right. Using the right makeup color, consistency, and technique, you can bring back that youthful glow into your face without having to undergo surgery. Read the tips on how to do this below:
- Highlight your face. Sweep highlighter on your cheeks, sides of your nose, lip corners, and chin to bring your face out. Blend the highlighter well using your ring finger or a clean sponge.
- Fill in your eyebrows with eye shadow. People’s eyebrows often become sparse as they age. If you’re one of these people, fill in your eyebrows with eye shadow that closely resembles the color of your brows using an eye shadow brush. This would look more natural than lining your eyebrows with an eyebrow liner.
- Use cream blush. You can make yourself look youthful if your skin is dewy instead of matte. Because of this, opt to use a cream blush instead of a powder blush. Cream blushes will not only give additional moisture to skin, it will also look more natural on your face when applied.
- Use a light-colored eye shadow or eye liner on your lower eyelid. Bright eyes make you look youthful. You can achieve this effect by lining your lower eyelid with a light-colored eye shadow or eye liner. You can also make your eyes bigger and more awake by curling your eyelashes and sweeping them with a layer of mascara.
- Apply a lip plumping lip gloss. Thinning lips is another sign of aging. Although you cannot bring your lips to how they were when you were young, you can make them suppler by using a lip plumper lip gloss. Put lip gloss on your lips using a lip brush so that you can smoothen out any uneven edges of your lips.
The general rule in wearing makeup to make you look younger is to avoid the combination of dark-colored hues. Putting together black, chocolate brown, gray, and deep red makes you look bold, but it can also make you look mature. To appear fresh and youthful, you must add colors that brighten the face such as peach, plum, tan, and cream.